We take a brief interlude from your daily dose of rock ‘n’ roll to talk about something a bit lighter. We don’t mean the Bentley Bentayga , because it’s hard to classify anything weighing three tons as lighter unless it’s an aircraft carrier. We’re talking about Swan Lake , La Bayadere , and The Nutcracker . We’re talking about music and visual art coming together in graceful movements and glorious agility. We’re talking about ballet.
What could that possibly have to do with the big Bentayga and its thundering V12 engine? We’re glad you asked.
Artful Automotive Endeavors:
Bentley is keen on launching an annual series of vehicles called the Russian Heritage Edition that honors, well, Russian heritage. It starts here with six Bentaygas created through Bentley’s in-house Mulliner group, each one different in color and trim but all paying tribute to ballet and you know what? Nobody does the genre better than Russia.
In addition to special colors inside and out, each SUV features ballet embroidery on the seatbacks and passenger side dash. Additionally, each Bentayga bears the name of a different ballet move on the door sill. Yes, named for a specific ballet move. It sounds like a very Bentley thing to do, but honestly, it seems very strange to do it on a ginormous SUV.
Gallery: Bentley Bentayga Speed Russian Ballet Collection
These special touches notwithstanding the Bentaygas are otherwise normal in terms of equipment and power. This ballet collection uses the amped-up Bentayga Speed version, delivering 626 horsepower (467 kilowatts) from its big V12 to all four wheels. Two of the models wear a two-tone finish while the others are a single shade. And don’t bother asking about buying one. All six are already spoken for and will be delivered to owners in Russia by the end of 2021.
“We are excited to present the exclusive Bentayga Speed Russian Heritage Collection to our Russian customers,” said Christian Schlick, head of Bentley Russia. “This project is built on the passion for perfection, which Bentley shares with such a grand and sophisticated art as ballet, the central motif of this year's limited edition.”
- Harvestmoon Farm to unveil Lightning-themed corn maze
- Martin St. Louis savors special presentation from Bolts
- No sophomore slump: Jenner, Murray poised to keep building confidence
- Video: Nike builds incredible display for Marcus Mariota’s Heisman Trophy
- Pressure on Mark Ingram builds as Saints emphasize run game
- Get on board: Lakers to design, build float for 127th Rose Parade
- The night Santa went crazy: 18 killer Santas from TV and film
- The morning after: The entire roster was ready when needed
- Cowboys ’13 Rewind: Week 6 Dwayne Harris Beats Washington
- Celebrate Mopar history and culture at 2014 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals
- Moore scores WNBA All-Star record 30, leads West past East
- No. 24 Wisconsin’s McEvoy in heavy use among two-way players
- WRESTLEMANIA Part 2
- Notes: Lions exploring options at kicker; Nevin Lawson suffers season-ending injury
- Did the Browns close the gap in the AFC North?
- Toomer’s Corner quiet as Auburn’s dramatic season ends
- Manhattan College in The Bronx gave us tantalizing tilt in most unlikely of places
- Receiver Solomon Patton shines in rain during Gators’ Pro Day
Bentley Builds Six Special Ballet-Themed Bentaygas Because Why Not? have 549 words, post on www.motor1.com at October 25, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.