Audi India has begun accepting bookings for the 2021 Audi Q5 facelift, for a token of ₹ 2 lakh. Expected to be launched in India later this month, the Q5 brand is coming back to India after a hiatus of 18 months. The pre-facelift Audi Q5, which was a BS4 model, hasn’t been on sale in India since April 2020. Audi globally unveiled the facelifted version in June 2020, and India is finally getting the new Q5, after more than a year. Audi India recently also commenced the local assembly of the 2021 Q5, which comes to India as a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) model.
The new Audi Q5 facelift will be assembled at the SAVWIPL plant in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
Commenting on the booking announcement, Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India said, “Today, we open bookings for our strong addition to Audi’s successful Q family in India – the Audi Q5 . This will be our 9th product launch for 2021 and we couldn’t be more happy about our progress for the year. The new Audi Q5 is a perfect blend of features, comfort and practicality in its segment. With its new design that captivates at first glance, we are confident that it will continue to retain its leadership position in the segment and woo the existing and prospective customers.”
The 2021 Audi Q5 gets a sportier look, featuring a larger single-frame grille, new LED headlamps and OLED taillights
The 2021 Audi Q5 sports a new, larger single-frame grille which now gets a sporty black treatment with dark chrome borders. However, some lower trims will get vertical slats finished in chrome, with a silver skid plate instead of the black one. The SUV also gets larger foglamp housings, which are also finished in black. The SUV will also get a pair of revised full-LED headlamps, with new LED daytime running lamps. Matrix LED headlamps will be offered as an optional feature. The rear section features a redesigned tailgate, along with brand new OLED taillights with 3 different rear light signatures or patterns. The SUV also gets 19-inch 5 double-spoke star style alloy wheels.
The Audi Q5 will get the 3rd generation Modular Infotainment Platform or MIB 3. The system is equipped with a 10.1-inch display
The cabin will also get a fresh look, featuring a black interior with tan leather upholstery and matching panels on the doors and centre console. Of course, Audi will offer more trim options and customisation choices. In terms of features, the SUV will get the 3rd generation Modular Infotainment Platform or MIB 3. The system is equipped with a 10.1-inch display, which is standard. Other features include – wireless phone charger, Audi Park Assist, Comfort key with sensor-controlled boot-lid operation, Audi Exclusive Inlays in Black Piano Lacquer, Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus, B&O Premium 3D Sound System.
Under the hood, the India-spec 2021 Audi Q5 will come with a 2.0-litre TFSI engine. The motor will be mated to a seven-speed S-Tronic automatic dual-clutch gearbox and will get the Quattro all-wheel drive (AWD) system as standard.
- Second-Generation Audi RS7 Sportback Bookings Open In India: Here Are All The Details
- Audi India head says luxury cars may benefit from the absence of luxury holidays
- 2021 Audi Q5 Facelift Globally Unveiled: Expected India Launch Next Year
- Piaggio India opens online booking for 2020 Vespa Facelift VXL and SXL
- Audi RS7 Sportback India Launch Scheduled For 16 July: Details
- With GLS, Mercedes ups the ante for its SUVs in India
- Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive On July 14
- Mahindra TUV300 BS6 Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive This Month
- Audi RS7 India Launch Scheduled For July: Details, Specs, And Expected Price
- MG Hector Plus India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Arrive On July 13
- MG Hector Plus Bookings Open Officially For Rs 50,000: India Launch Expected In The Coming Weeks
- Honda WR-V BS6 India Launch On July 2: Here Are All The Details
- 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- Skoda Karoq Could Be Locally Assembled In India: Zac Hollis Confirms Plan Is Being Evaluated
- 2020 Honda City Bookings Commence Ahead Of India Launch: Available On Online Platform
- Honda Civic BS6 Diesel Expected India Launch Next Week: Pre-Bookings Started
- MG Gloster Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- How e-commerce startups are queuing up to digitise India’s 10 million-plus kirana shops
Audi India Opens Bookings For Q5 Facelift; Launch Later This Month have 757 words, post on www.carandbike.com at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.