The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) on Thursday signed an agreement with its asset development subsidiary to manage its assets and generate income through various land development projects.
It will now start transferring its assets to SRT Asset Co, which was registered on April 30, SRT governor Nirut Maneephan said.
To start, the SRT will hand over 75 contracts worth 1.64 billion baht to the subsidiary and the transfer is expected to be completed by the end of next month, he said.
“The assets will be transferred gradually and we expect all 12,839 contracts worth 3.16 billion baht to be transferred by the middle of next year,” he said.
According to Mr Nirut, the agreement marks the beginning of asset management reform within the debt-ridden SRT in line with a cabinet resolution in September last year.
It is hoped the subsidiary will generate revenue for the SRT in compliance with the rehabilitation plan approved by the State Enterprise Policy Commission, he said. According to Mr Nirut, the subsidiary can also initiate asset development projects such as leasing or purchasing land plots for development or joint developments with partners to help the state enterprise reverse its losses and build financial stability.
The agreement signing between Mr Nirut and SRT Asset Co’s acting manager general Traithip Siwakritkul was witnessed by SRT board chairman Jirut Wisanjit and SRT Asset chairman Amnuay Preemonwong.
- SSI Asset Management establishes 3rd fund with Daiwa
- Vodafone Idea inks big data deal with IBM
- Best Android Smartwatch Deals for Prime Day 2020
- Steve Cohen signs $2.4 BILLION deal to buy New York Mets after outbidding Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez for MLB's 'sixth most valuable club'
- TCS to acquire over 1,500 staff, select assets of Pramerica Systems Ireland
- Reliance Capital invites bids for sale of stake in subsidiaries to clear debt
- Kenya grants pan-African financial firm fund management license
- Sembcorp, Google sign deal to tap Singapore's solar energy
- TSRTC, APSRTC to ink deal today on resumption of bus services
- Goldman Sachs to invest $150 million in Biocon's IPO-bound subsidiary Biocon Biologics
- Eye-catching deals in a year of disruptions
- AMC Studios Inks Overall Deals With Peter Ocko & J. David Shanks
- HBO Max & Don Cheadle’s Radicle Act Ink ‘Max’ Deal; ‘Newsroom’ Alum Camilla Blackett To Showrun Dark Comedy
- Breaking: Buhari orders sale of forfeited assets within 6 months
- UK managers speak of Vietnam investment prospects
- Mets Announce Agreement To Sell Team To Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Steve Cohen
- J.C. Penney exits bankruptcy in a deal that saves 60,000 jobs
- Billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen to buy New York Mets
SRT, subsidiary ink asset management deal have 405 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.