Listen to this article
There are several lightweight sports cars out there but among them, the BAC Mono features supercar performance in a roofless package.
Offered as a single-seater sports car for the road, the BAC Mono offers wind-through-your-hair fun, and what better place to put it on its paces than on an unrestricted portion of the Autobahn. YouTube’s AutoTopNL captures this moment, with a 2018 model year Mono in action.
Take note, this is the old Mono, but its performance as seen in the video wasn’t seem too old at all.
Gallery: BAC Mono 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
For the uninitiated, the 2018 BAC Mono is powered by 2.5-liter Mountune engine that puts out 305 horsepower (227 kilowatts) and 227 pound-feet (308 Newton-meters) of torque. This particular example has its gearbox set-up for Silverstone, though it’s still rated to sprint to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 2.8 seconds and tap out at 146 mph (235 km/h).
On the actual run, the BAC Mono reached 145 mph (233 km/h), which was only a hair short of its official rating. For a three-year-old sports car, that’s impressive.
Then There’s The Mono R:
In case you missed it, the BAC Mono, with veteran racer Anthony Reid at its helm, has set a Goodwood Hill Climb record of 49.13 seconds in 2018, beating the rest of the contenders by over a second and topping the previous best by 0.14 seconds.
BAC has already introduced an updated version of the Mono last year. It’s now quicker, faster, and more powerful than ever, with the new Mountune-developed 2.3-liter engine making 332 hp (248 kW) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) of torque. It’s rated to sprint to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 2.7 seconds and can reach a top speed of 170 mph (274 km/h).
Source: AutoTopNL via YouTube
- Old Mercedes Sprinter Diesel Ambulance Goes For Autobahn Top Speed Run
- A Collection of Female Watch Collectors
- 'Goliath' final season takes on the opioid industry and more to watch
- Tokyo 2020: ‘Voice of table tennis’ Adam Bobrow lists 10 paddlers to watch at Olympics
- The best Cyber Monday deals 2018 from The Ordinary, Yankee Candle and Lovehoney
- Apple Watch Series 4 REVIEW: World’s best smartwatch just got even better
- Justice is served with a high BAC on this week's What We Do In The Shadows
- Netflix: The 52 best TV shows to watch this week
- Netflix: The 52 best TV shows to watch tonight
- Netflix: 41 of the best movies to watch this week
- Best Amazon Black Friday Deals 2018
- How to Watch All the Marvel Movies in Order | Digital Trends
- Kate Hudson's 17-Year-Old Son Ryder Loves to Make Fun of Her Wellness Videos: 'It's Fairly Accurate'
- 10 Great Movies To Watch Before They Disappear From Netflix At The End Of September
- BottleRock 2018: Tips on how to rock Napa's biggest music festival
- Hulu: 10 of the best films to watch tonight
- Rachel McAdams Is Down for Mean Girls Sequel: 'It Would Be Fun to Play Regina George Later in Life'
Watch 2018 BAC Mono Have Some Roofless Fun At The Autobahn have 492 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 15, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.