There are several lightweight sports cars out there but among them, the BAC Mono features supercar performance in a roofless package.
Offered as a single-seater sports car for the road, the BAC Mono offers wind-through-your-hair fun, and what better place to put it on its paces than on an unrestricted portion of the Autobahn. YouTube’s AutoTopNL captures this moment, with a 2018 model year Mono in action.
Take note, this is the old Mono, but its performance as seen in the video wasn’t seem too old at all.
Gallery: BAC Mono 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
For the uninitiated, the 2018 BAC Mono is powered by 2.5-liter Mountune engine that puts out 305 horsepower (227 kilowatts) and 227 pound-feet (308 Newton-meters) of torque. This particular example has its gearbox set-up for Silverstone, though it’s still rated to sprint to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 2.8 seconds and tap out at 146 mph (235 km/h).
On the actual run, the BAC Mono reached 145 mph (233 km/h), which was only a hair short of its official rating. For a three-year-old sports car, that’s impressive.
Then There’s The Mono R:
In case you missed it, the BAC Mono, with veteran racer Anthony Reid at its helm, has set a Goodwood Hill Climb record of 49.13 seconds in 2018, beating the rest of the contenders by over a second and topping the previous best by 0.14 seconds.
BAC has already introduced an updated version of the Mono last year. It’s now quicker, faster, and more powerful than ever, with the new Mountune-developed 2.3-liter engine making 332 hp (248 kW) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) of torque. It’s rated to sprint to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 2.7 seconds and can reach a top speed of 170 mph (274 km/h).
Source: AutoTopNL via YouTube
- UFC Vegas 9: Overeem vs. Sakai fight card, date, start time and where to watch
- Dakota Fanning looks back on working with late star Brittany Murphy in 2003's Uptown Girls: 'She just taught me to always have fun'
- The Show To Watch This Week: ‘Snowpiercer’, ‘The Great’, ‘Hightown’ & ‘DC’s Stargirl’ Reviewed
- Who is Georgia Steel? Love Island 2018 star's Instagram, famous ex and why she's obsessed with clubbing
- Watch Dogs Legion Will Allow You To Recruit Beekeepers Armed With Nano-Bee Swarms
- Watch out, Kochie! The Today show WINS on the east coast in the ratings war - narrowing the gap with Sunrise
- Celebrating culture and community focus of Diwali Festival 2018
- Watch: Sam Howell's Offseason Throwing Workouts
- iOS 12/WatchOS 5/TVOS 12: Is your device supported?
- Convertible SUVs? "A Really Interesting Topic," Says BMW
- An interview about what the hell's going on in Little Nightmares 2
- Shootout at the Bataclan hall: Dramatic video emerges of terrifying firefight between French police and terrorist gunmen outside concert where more than 80 people were massacred in cold blood
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Actress Caroline Quentin, The Wanted's Max George and Nadine Coyle's NFL player ex Jason Bell are unveiled as the FIRST celebs to take on the ballroom
- iPhone 11 vs iPhone XR: which iPhone is made for you?
- Strictly Come Dancing 'completes the 2020 line-up with 21-year-old singer and YouTube star HRVY'... who is the rumoured ex-boyfriend of 2019 contestant Saffron Barker
- Best Xiaomi phones of 2020: these are the top Mi, Redmi, Poco and Black Shark devices
- Dale Winton: Tributes for Supermarket Sweep host who died aged 62
- 'Groundbreaking!' Boxer Nicola Adams is 'set to be in Strictly Come Dancing's FIRST same-sex pairing' in a move many feel is 'well overdue'
Watch 2018 BAC Mono Have Some Roofless Fun At The Autobahn have 571 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 15, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.