Expect bad things to happen.
What do you do when there’s an active crash scene on the road? Do you wait for it to clear up? Or do you try and get past the crash scene and get home? In an accident that happened in Texas, one SUV driver opted for the latter, and it didn’t end so well for the owner of the vehicle.
According to the KXAN report, a fatal crash happened on Loop 360 in Austin early Friday morning, with casualties including one dead and four injured. It was a huge accident, enough for the entire northbound lanes of the thoroughfare to be closed to motorists.
However, patience isn’t one of a stuck SUV driver’s virtues. The driver broke through the barricades and tried to drive through the still-active crash scene. As a result, Austin Police Department used one of the patrol units to ram the SUV to a halt.
The video embedded atop this page shows the action, courtesy of KXAN-TV .
Crazy Crashes And Wrecks:
While driving through an active crash scene is something that everyone shouldn’t do (we should be telling you this), there is actually a law in Texas that governs this type of behavior.
According to Texas law , you may drive past an emergency vehicle or tow truck on the road, provided that you move over a lane or drive 20 miles per hour slower than the posted speed limit. If the road’s speed limit is less than 25 mph, you should slow down to 5 mph.
Violators of this law could be charged with a misdemeanor offense with a fine of not less than $1 or more than $200; heavier if it resulted in injuries or damages.
But it seems like the SUV’s driver was let off at this time, according to KXAN ‘s report, but could change at a later date.
- Man dies after shooting, crash near Humble
- Step Inside Our AI Garage: NVIDIA Experts Present Insights into Self-Driving Software and Infrastructure
- 'B***h get out of the car': Female driver, 61, involved in a crash with Tracy Morgan and his new $2M Bugatti Veyron says she's traumatized after the comedian started yelling and beating his fist against her window
- 2 Drivers Arrested In 2 Separate Suspected DUI Crashes Hours Apart On Hwy 24
- Is the Self-Driving Car Un-American?
- Google lobbies to test self-driving cars in Matrix-style virtual world
- State PD Sergeant Drank Several Beers Before Driving: Warrant
- South Australian road toll rises to 100 after fatal crash in state's south-east
- Four hundred bikers gather to bid goodbye to seven motorcyclists, including Marine veterans, killed in crash with Dodge pickup truck driver who 'plowed into their procession'
- Ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft cause a spike in the number of crashes between cars and pedestrians at over-crowded pick-up locations
- Dozens of police crash covidiot house party and chase off mob of revellers flouting lockdown on Easter weekend
- Google reports self-driving car mistakes: 272 failures and 13 near misses
- Covidiot driver crashes his car when he was distracted by a huge BUG as he drove 10 MILES to walk his dog
- Amazon Driver Forgets To Pull Van's Handbrake, Watch What Happens Next
- Teenager Dies After Car Crashes Into Pittsburg Canal
- Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee Perform Poorly In Crash Tests
- WWII Bomber Crash: FAA Grounds Collings' Living History Flights
- Bells Rapids Christmas Eve freight train crash near Perth finds driver applied multiple brakes before impact
This Is What Happens When You Try To Drive Through An Active Crash Scene have 587 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.