Maruti Suzuki will soon be launching the new-generation Celerio in India. The new hatchback was recently spotted undisguised for the first time revealing the exterior features ahead of launch.
Recently, few images of the 2021 Celerio have surfaced online, which seems to be from the advertisement shoot for the hatchback. The hatchback has been spotted in two exterior paint schemes red and blue and seems to be of the top-spec variant.
Maruti Suzuki already stated that the new Celerio will be utilizing the brand’s Heartect platform. From the images, the new generation hatchback features a completely new design over the outgoing model.
The exteriors feature rounded contours, an upright nose and an oval-shaped grille that features the honeycomb pattern. The headlamps have been redesigned with rounded contours and look similar to the unit from the A-Star hatchback.
A chrome strip runs across the front grille connecting either headlamp. The front bumper features blacked-out lower radiator grille flanked by fog lamps on both sides.
Moving to the side, one would immediately notice the larger proportions of the hatchback, which is evident by its taller design. This will certainly make more room inside. Also, we noticed new blacked-out alloy wheels that add to the sporty looks of the new hatchback.
The rear of the new Celerio has undergone a complete design revision. It features a new wraparound taillamp unit and a new boot-lid design, with the boot release placed right in the centre. The rear bumper is new as well and features reflectors placed on either side.
Apart from the design, the new Celerio will feature changes under the bonnet. The hatchback is expected to be offered with the 1.2-litre K12 unit that currently powers the WagnoR and other models in the brand’s line-up.
The 1.2-litre engine churns out a maximum of 82bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 4200rpm. The new engine will be sold alongside the existing 1.0-litre unit on the outgoing Celerio.
The 1.0-litre engine produces a maximum of 68bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm.
Both engines come mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed AMT. The company is expected to continue the petrol-CNG offering on the second-generation Celerio hatchback on the lower-spec 1.0-litre engine.
Interiors & Features
Due to the new design of the hatchback, it will feature a roomier cabin as compared to the outgoing model of the Celerio. Apart from this, the hatchback is also expected to feature the brand’s latest infotainment system with hands-free connectivity.
Thoughts About The New Maruti Suzuki Celerio’s Design Spied Ahead Of Launch
The new-generation Celerio is a bigger car than the outgoing model, which will make it easy to seat five passengers. Additionally, it is expected to receive a more powerful petrol engine from the WagonR. All changes point towards the new Celerio’s pricing shooting up by a significant margin over the outgoing model. With the final production model out in the streets, the launch of the new Celerio might happen in the coming weeks.
Image Source: Facebook
- Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Again — Expected To Launch Next Year
- New (2020) Datsun Redi-GO Hatchback Teaser Released: India Launch Expected Post Lockdown
- Maruti Suzuki Announces New Showroom Safety Norms Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- Hero MotoCorp To Enter EV Segment: Electric Maestro Scooter Spotted Ahead Of Launch
- BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch This Year: Expected To Be Price Rs 33 Lakh
- Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Photos, Variants & Features Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe & M8 India Launch Date Confirmed: Here Are All The Details
- Nissan Kicks BS6 Brochure Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- Spy Pics: Norton Commando And Dominator Spotted In India
- ETAuto Exclusive: Car launch schedules go haywire, what now?
- Next-Gen Hyundai i20 Will Feature Connected Technology: Expected To Launch In India Next Year
- FCA India Introduces ‘Book My Jeep’ Platform To Purchase Vehicles Online
- Honda Cars India Introduces New ‘Honda From Home’ Digital Booking Platform
- Deliveries Of The Skoda Octavia RS 245 Commence In India
- Vespa BS6 Scooter Range Launched in India: Prices Start At Rs 93,035
- Apex Legends Season 5: new legend, battle pass details and everything we know
- Datsun Brand Discontinued In Indonesia: Here’s Why
- Datsun GO & GO+ BS6 Listed On Website: Features Improved Safety
New Maruti Suzuki Celerio Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch; Complete Design Leaked: Pics have 898 words, post on www.drivespark.com at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.