The electric liftback will enter production the following year.
The Audi A6 E-Tron Concept that was revealed in Shanghai earlier this year was a pretty thing to look at. The proportions are great, plus the revelation that it comes with a 400+ range rating makes it a practical EV as well.
The concept car, which is another flavor of the Audi A6 range, might already get its production version as early as 2022. That’s according to an Audi spokesperson who confirmed the information to our colleagues at Roadshow . The report also mentioned that the said vehicle will enter production the following year after its global debut.
Gallery: Audi A6 E-Tron concept
The same Audi spokesperson also confirmed to Roadshow that the Q6 E-Tron will debut in 2022. We’ve seen the Q6 E-Tron in spy images before, and we all know that it will ride on the Premium Platform Electric developed by Audi and Porsche, as is the A6 E-Tron. However, we believe the Q6 E-Tron and next-generation Porsche Macan will be the first to utilize the PPE platform.
Going back to the A6 E-Tron, we’re expecting the production version to look very much like the concept car that you see in the gallery above. Specs are expected in the drivable version as well, which includes a dual electric motor setup that produces a combined output of 470 horsepower (350 kilowatts) and 590 pound-feet (800 Newton-meters) of instant torque.
The Growing E-Tron Family:
The A6 E-Tron, at least in its concept form, is said to have the juice to run up to 435 miles (700 kilometers) per WLTP. The centrally-mounted 100-kWh battery supports fast charging at up to 270 kW, which translates to over 186 mi (300 km) of range after only 10 minutes of charging. Filling up from 5 to 80 percent can be done in less than 25 minutes.
We’ll know more about whether these numbers will translate to the production version and as this story has pointed out, we may not have to wait long.
- RUF CTR Anniversary Production Version Will Debut In Geneva
- Audi e-Tron India Launch Delayed Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Audi pushes electrification offensive with these 4 EV platforms
- Audi RS Q8 India Launch Under Consideration: Will Rival The Lamborghini Urus
- Audi Pulls The Plug On The A3 And Q3 From Their Website — Here's Why!
- Audi Out Of Stock For The A3 And Q3 BS4 Variants In India
- Audi Q4 E-Tron Concept Debuts In Geneva With 82 kWh Battery
- Manufacturers Tweak Logos To Promote Social Distancing: Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Hyundai
- Electric Porsche Macan Might Spawn Coupe Version
- All-New Mazda CX-5 Teased Prior To 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show Debut
- DSCC Releases 3rd Annual Foldable Display Report Offers New Insights into Foldable Product Developments
- Ford Bronco Sport Production Start Delayed By Nearly Two Months
- New Audi RS7 Sportback Spotted With Roll Cage And Massive Wheels
- 2019 Cadillac XT4 Pre-Production Has Already Kicked Off
- 2022 Nissan 400Z Could Have 400 Horsepower From Twin-Turbo V6
- Ford Bronco Sport production delayed due to coronavirus, report says
- Mukesh Khanna: I don't want to murder new version of Shaktimaan like Ekta Kapoor has murdered Mahabharata
- Alan Yang’s Directorial Debut ‘Tigertail’ Tells a Timely Immigrant Story
Audi A6 E-Tron Production Version Likely Debuting In 2022 have 536 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.