The National Vaccine Institute (NVI) has apologised for slow Covid-19 vaccine procurement and says it is prepared to hold talks to join the Covax global vaccine sharing scheme.
The apology came after the government faced criticism over its failure to procure enough vaccines as infection numbers continued to soar , with a record 13,002 new cases reported on Wednesday. agency tried to contact vaccine manufacturers in August last year and place advance orders even though the vaccines were in research trials . procurement plans must go before a committee chaired by the permanent secretary for public health. legal advisory agency before an agreement is signed, he added. procurement may not meet the target. It’s all about those impediments and constraints . I apologise to the public,” Dr Nakorn said. scheme administrated by the World Health Organisation.
- Bharat Biotech’s typhoid vaccine offers 82% protection
- Families are set to sue New York City over mandatory measles vaccine order: Lawyer says the move and threat of $1,000 fine is unlawful - but public health experts say it could swing either way in the Supreme Court
- Samoa measles crisis: 100 new cases as anti-vaccination activist charged
- MPs did not pass more penalties for those who refuse vaccines
- Hawaii team returns from measles vaccination trip in Samoa
- Samoa says almost 90% of people vaccinated against measles after deadly outbreak
- Drones to deliver vaccines, blood and drugs across Ghana in 'lifesaving' scheme
- White House in lockdown: ‘Slow-moving blob’ puts Washington DC in lockdown
- India won’t be hit as Aramco races to restore oil supply after drone strikes
- 2018 Influenza Has Turned Deadly and Supplies of Crucial Medication Are Running Low
- Jacinda Ardern says it was 'outrageous' a toddler was refused vaccination
- Free south Auckland measles vaccines for Pacific Island travellers
- 'We're sorry' - ODT publishes front page apology over offensive Samoa cartoon
- Samoa measles: Stuff readers raise enough money to vaccinate 22,000 children
- Blenheim woman organises supply drop for Samoa measles epidemic
- PASSCO halts wheat supply over payment issue
- Intel: Sorry for PC chip delays, but we just can't meet demand for CPUs
- General election 2019: Tory chairman 'sorry' for Islamophobia in party
'Sorry' for slow vaccine supply have 356 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.