A documentary telling the story of Michael Schumacher, featuring archive footage and various interviews, is coming to Netflix in September.
The film will provide an insight into Schumacher's F1 career in which he won a record seven World Championships and became one of the most successful drivers ever.
It will also take a look at his life away from the track, which was private throughout his time in the sport and continues to be today.
His wife, brother and children all feature in it, as will a number of F1 personnel including Bernie Ecclestone, Jean Todt and Sebastian Vettel amongst others.
As for why the family is allowing such a film to be made, the German's manager, Sabine Kehm, says it's their gift to him.
"Michael Schumacher has redefined the professional image of a racing driver and has set new standards," she said.
"In his quest for perfection, he spared neither himself nor his team, driving them to the greatest successes. He is admired all over the world for his leadership qualities.
"He found the strength for this task and the balance to recharge at home, with his family, whom he loves idolatrously. In order to preserve his private sphere as a source of strength, he has always rigorously and consistently separated his private from his public life.
"This film tells of both worlds. It is his family's gift to their beloved husband and father."
SCHUMACHER – the first film supported by his family – gives unique insights into the life of the seven-time Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher. Only on Netflix, from 15 September. pic.twitter.com/ChcEEaKfsb
— Netflix UK & Ireland (@NetflixUK) July 30, 2021
The piece, titled SCHUMACHER, is directed by Hanns-Bruno Kammertons, Vanessa Nocker and Michael Wech, who were behind a documentary about Boris Becker released in 2017.
Nocker has praised Michael's wife, Corinne, saying that she was hugely supportive and helpful in the production of the film.
"The greatest challenge for the directors was certainly to find the balance between independent reporting and consideration for the family," she said.
"Corinna Schumacher herself was our greatest support in this. She herself wanted to make an authentic film, to show Michael as he is, with all his ups and downs, without any sugarcoating.
"She was great and brave enough to let us do what we wanted, and so we respected and kept her boundaries. A very inspiring, warm woman who made a lasting impression on all of us."
The film will be released on the streaming service on September 15.
- Michael Schumacher told manager why he kept his health private: 'I'm disappearing'
- Michael Schumacher’s family ‘miss him’ as F1 legend struggles with accident recovery
- ‘Controlling Britney Spears’: How to Stream the New Britney Doc for Free Online
- Filmmakers Behind ‘Framing Britney Spears’ — Which Pop Star Criticized — Prep Follow-Up Doc
- Netflix releases first glimpse of Joe Exotic in Tiger King 2 as it teases new batch of binge-worthy documentaries
- Kota Factory Season 2: Release Date & Time Of Jitendra Kumar's Netflix Show
- Netflix Announces Documentary on Events Surrounding Death of Canadian Crypto 'King' in India
- Mick Schumacher happy to offer "private intel" in Netflix movie
- Netflix makes its biggest acquisition ever — the Roald Dahl catalog
- Tiger King is returning for a second season on Netflix later this year
- Watch It’s Showtime’s ‘Extra Life’ game show, a Pinoy twist on Netflix’s Squid Game
- The cheapest Apple TV prices, sales and deals for September 2021
- The best cheap Fire Stick sales, deals and prices for September 2021
- FX and Hulu to air second part of Britney Spears documentary tonight
- Haiti comes to Texas: Unbelievable pictures capture third world conditions in migrant camp under Del Rio bridge
- TV OT: Why we knead and love baking shows. Plus, Broadway's back and 'Ted Lasso'
- Back to the Future stars Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson reuniting for a Hallmark Christmas movie
- Kota Factory Season 2 Full Web Series Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
September release for Netflix’s Schumacher doc have 670 words, post on www.planetf1.com at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.