MANILA (Bernama): The Philippines has extended the travel ban for all inbound travelers from Malaysia and nine other countries to Aug 15 to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant.
Apart from Malaysia, the Philippines has banned travelers from India, Thailand, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Oman and the United Arab Emirates.
Xinhua reported on Friday (July 30) that presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said that President Rodrigo Duterte approved the travel ban extension to curb the spread of Covid-19 variants in the Philippines.
He added that the Philippines will still allow the return of overseas Filipino workers under its repatriation programme, but they have to be isolated for 14 days upon arrival. the country’s tally to 216. At least eight Delta patients have died.
The Philippines has reported a total of 1,572,287 Covid-19 cases as of Thursday (July 29) and 27,577 deaths.
Out of all the cases, 216 are due to the Delta variant. – Bernama
- Qatar extends travel ban on ex-Gitmo inmates who were released in exchange for Bowe Bergdahl
- Trump's Travel Ban is Preventing a Yemeni Mother From Seeing Her Dying Child
- Travel ban revisions may add countries, alter court challenge
- Will Donald Trump's anti-Muslim words on travel ban hurt his case?
- DHS: No progress on 'extreme vetting' behind purpose of temporary travel ban
- Appeals court rules against President Trump’s revised travel ban
- In defensive move, Trump extends effective date of travel ban order
- Trump's immigration travel ban faces familiar foe in appeals courts: Trump
- The five-month odyssey of President Trump's travel ban
- President Trump's travel ban struck down by second appeals court
- Other view: Trump travel ban: Third time's no charm
- Trump administration asks Supreme Court to reinstate travel ban
- Federal judge in Hawaii blocks Trump's third travel ban
- Trump slams federal judge's freeze on second travel ban
- Trump's new travel ban: Why these 8 countries now
- Trump seeks quick Supreme Court review of 'travel ban'
- Appeals court refuses to reinstate Trump's travel ban
- In victory for Trump, Supreme Court dismisses travel ban case
Philippines extends travel ban on 10 countries to Aug 15 have 315 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.