A private tutor in Prachuap Khiri Khan who had been living with high blood pressure was found dead at home after getting her second shot of the Covid-19 vaccine.
Saksit Dutwan, 44, said he and his wife, Phongsaphak Satthasophon, 39, received a shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine at Prachuap Khiri Khan Hospital on Monday after earlier getting their first shot, which was the Sinovac vaccine.
Arriving home, Mr Saksit said he only experienced some slight side effects including a headache and low fever, while his wife said she needed to get some sleep.
That night he went upstairs to check on her and asked if she wanted to go to hospital after learning she vomited several times. But she said she was OK. The next day, his wife carried on sleeping and once again said she was OK.
“But at 7pm I saw the bedroom was still dark and asked my daughter to go up to wake her up. She came down in tears, saying her mum wasn’t responding,” Mr Saksit said. By that time she had died, he said.
Although his wife was on some medications prescribed for controlling high blood pressure, a doctor at the vaccination venue said she would be fine with the Covid-19 vaccine. However, given what happened to his wife, he said, he could no longer trust the vaccine or the country’s healthcare system.
Sopon Iamsirithaworn, deputy director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said no conclusion had been reached as to the cause of death.
“We’re waiting for the results of an autopsy by Phra Chom Klao Hospital in Phetchaburi,” he said.
Meanwhile, Dr Sopon Mekthon, an assistant to the public health minister and chairman of the government’s subcommittee on the management of Covid-19 vaccines, said that as of July 13, a total of 2,300 people had received mixed Covid-19 vaccines and none had developed any severe side effects.
These vaccine recipients needed to switch to a different type of Covid-19 vaccine because they had experienced some non-severe side effects following their first jabs, he said. The Public Health Ministry is following up on the side effects of people switching to a different type of Covid-19 vaccine, he said.
- Man indicted in deadly Remsen Street robbery
- APD: Man terrorizes wife, children before fighting officers
- Murder charges: Cottage Grove man staged wife's suicide after searching for hitman on 'Dark Web'
- Man Sued Over Deadly Dire in Secret Tunnels Under his Home
- Man accused in deadly Honolulu shooting pleads not guilty
- Man charged in deadly shooting outside his Shannon home; bond set at $750,000
- Man fatally stabbed on the Northeast Side while attempting to buy tire rims
- Former boxer marked for murder goes undercover to catch the person who wanted him dead
- Man-Eating Tiger Is Shot Dead in India
- Man accused of fatally stabbing 23-year-old San Antonio mother arrested in Mexico
- Ches Smith Gets Meta with The Author Is Dead
- 99-year-old man walks 6 miles a day to visit his wife in the hospital, proving true love does exist
- How a 60-ft. Muni bus ended up at Burning Man
- Here's Why That One 'Walking Dead' Star Didn't Appear In Rick's Final Episode
- Honeymoon sailing death: Man expected to plead guilty to manslaughter
- Prosecutors: Man's killers, including teen and mom, considered him a snitch
- SAPD: Man drives pickup in reverse into a Southwest Side home
- Local Man Featured On ‘Paranormal Survivor’
Man finds wife dead in bed after second Covid jab have 547 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.