A source tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue that Jennifer Lopez thinks she and Ben Affleck have “been given a second chance” at their relationship
A Hollywood insider tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue that the pair “are madly in love” and “the loves of each other’s lives.”
The couple originally began dating in July 2002 and got engaged that November before postponing their September 2003 wedding days before the date. They ultimately called off their engagement in January 2004. They were first spotted spending time together again in April.
A source close to Lopez, 51, and Affleck, 48, says Affleck is “very happy” with Lopez, and that “she’s wonderful for him.”
“They want to do everything they can to make this work ,” adds a Lopez source.
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human-interest stories.
Sources also tell PEOPLE that Lopez’s son Max and daughter Emme , 13, are “slowly getting to know” Affleck,” and that “everything seems to be running smoothly” as she house hunts in Los Angeles.
“Emme and Max are on board with starting fresh in L.A.,” says the Lopez insider, adding that the twins will also continue to spend time in Miami with dad Marc Anthony.
Of the connection between the Hustlers star and two-time Oscar winner, the Lopez source says: “Even though their split many years ago was devastating for Jennifer, she has never had a bad word to say about Ben.”
Listen below to our daily podcast PEOPLE Every Day for more on Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck.
“She believes that it just wasn’t meant to be then and feels like they’ve been given a second chance,” they add.
RELATED VIDEO: Jennifer Lopez Says “Stuff” Started “Falling Into Place” Once She Realized She Was “Good” on Her Own
A source recently told PEOPLE that “their relationship is very strong” as the two have been spotted hanging out together, including spending time with each other’s children . (Affleck is dad to daughters Seraphina , 12, and Violet , 15, plus son Samuel , 9, with ex-wife Jennifer Garner .)
Today co-host Hoda Kotb told Lopez Tuesday on the show that she noticed Lopez looks a lot happier in recent photos of her rekindled relationship. She then asked the singer to confirm or not, saying, “Are you happier?” before Lopez dodged the question like an expert .
“You can call me. You have my number!” she joked to Kotb, 56.
For more about Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE , on newsstands Friday.
- Dating Ben Affleck ‘scarred’ me, says Playboy model Shauna Sexton
- Jennifer Garner in a 'good place' with Ben Affleck
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner putting kids first
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner have family Thanksgiving
- Playboy model Shauna Sexton: Dating Ben Affleck ‘scarred’ me
- Jennifer Lopez is making Alex Rodriguez’s child support battle uglier, report says
- Jennifer Garner 'slows things down' with John Miller
- Report: Public Housing Is A Complete Disaster Under The Deplorable Ben Carson
- Report: Public Housing Is A Complete Disaster Under The Deplorable Ben Carson’s HUD
- Syracuse State of the City 2019: Read the text of Ben Walsh’s speech
- Leah Remini's Fight After Scientology Is For Everyday Women Forgotten By Me Too
- All the celebrity splits of 2018
- The biggest celebrity scandals of 2018
- How the pink diamond became the world’s hottest gemstone
- 50 moments from 1969 that shaped entertainment and pop culture
- 'Avengers: Endgame,' 'Lego Movie 2,' and 29 more films to get excited about in the first half of 2019
- Here are 61 movies coming to theaters this holiday 2018 season
- Every Superhero Movie Scheduled to Come Out Through 2021
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Are 'Madly in Love' as They Plan for a Future Together: Source have 790 words, post on people.com at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.