While a lot of drama is going on on and off the track for Lewis Hamilton, the defending world champion in the aftermath of the British GP, the 7-time world champion shared an emotional post about how long he’s been driving a Mercedes AMG — 24 years as of 2021 – hinting at bigger things to come with the team with whom he’s now committed to till 2023 end.
“I’ve been with Mercedes AMG F1 for 24 years. They have supported me through thick and thin. I can remember racing in Portugal at the world karting championship with AMG on my visor when I was 15 dreaming that one day I would be racing in Formula 1 for them. I’m so proud of the growth within the brand, leading the world of luxury cars but also the fastest and most technically advanced,” said the 7-time world champion.
The 1,000 bhp hypercar is being developed with the input of Hamilton
“Coming together we push to be better in every way, most recently for more inclusion and diversity within our sport and industry. Keep watching this space because together we can achieve anything. Excited for you to see the new hybrid and electric cars to come,” he hinted at big projects that he and Mercedes will work on together.
Already, Hamilton is working closely with Mercedes AMG for the development of the AMG One hybrid car which will be the first Mercedes hypercar in a while. He is also working on issues around diversity in F1 and recently released the Hamilton commission report. This post hints at more to come on the weekend of a race that was his first win with the Mercedes F1 team. Through his F1 career, Hamilton has only driven a Mercedes engine with him debuting and winning his first world title with McLaren which was the Mercedes works partner till 2011.
Hamilton moved to Mercedes in 2013 replacing the legendary Michael Schumacher at the team on the cusp of the turbo-hybrid era wherein since he’s won all the titles barring one where his teammate Nico Rosberg beat him.
- Hamilton's Italian GP win confirmed after inquiry
- Can anyone stop Hamilton and Mercedes?
- Hamilton wins United States Grand Prix
- Mercedes look to capitalise on rivals' woes
- Surly Hamilton blames 'guy above' for F1 engine woe
- Mercedes unleash Rosberg in second test
- Hamilton, Rosberg put fizz back into Formula One
- Mercedes pledge to conquer F1 reliability problems
- Vettel to take title challenge to Mercedes
- Mercedes chief Wolff still pondering Hamilton tactics
- Hamilton stunned as teen driver has legs amputated
- Rosberg, Hamilton stamp authority in Malaysia GP
- No Plan B for McLaren if Hamilton quits
- Hamilton and co gearing up for another year of drama
- Bottas takes his first F1 victory with Russian win
- South Korea on 2015 F1 menu, double points scrapped
- Hamilton puts brakes on life in fast lane
- Rosberg outshines Hamilton in Brazil practice
F1: Lewis Hamilton Hints At AMG Collaboration With Mercedes For EV have 495 words, post on www.carandbike.com at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.