Tsunoda started the Azerbaijan race from seventh on the grid despite a crash in the final part of qualifying, and after a strong run he was sixth at the time of the late red flag. At the restart gained a spot when Lewis Hamilton went straight on at the first corner, but over the rest of the lap he lost places to both Lando Norris and Fernando Alonso before claiming seventh at the flag. Tost says that the rookie put on a “fantastic show” on his way to his best result to date in F1. “Yuki did a fantastic job, I must say,” said Tost. “Okay he had yesterday the small incident, but it was in Q3, and can happen, it happened also to more experienced drivers. “And today his race pace sometimes was unbelievable. I was really worried that something happens, because he was really fast. “He is in a very good way, and I think that he will come up with some good results also in the second half of the season when he gets a little bit more experienced, especially on race tracks which he knows.” Read Also: Mercedes has “really promising” theory about recent F1 struggles… Read full this story
- The next-gen Digital Foundry PC: chasing the 1080p60 dream
- 52 of the best games of 2015
- What we thought of the Ghost Recon Wildlands closed beta
- The history of the first person shooter
- E3 2011: ‘Need For Speed: The Run’ Hands-On Preview
- MW3’s Survival mode – hands-on, Bowling face-time
- Oculus Rift "Crystal Cove" prototype hands-on at CES 2014
- Sony Weekly Update (Dec. 10-16)
- Review: Kirby’s Return to Dream Land
- Feature: 'The History of the Pinball Construction Set'
Tsunoda's Baku pace so fast Tost feared he would crash have 273 words, post on www.motorsport.com at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.