A fully original piece of Royal history. It's probably safe to say Princess Diana was one of the world's most famous celebrities in the 1990s. While keeping most of her personal life confidential from the media and paparazzi, she was quite literally the most photographed person on the entire planet. Admittedly, she was also known for her love of different mainstream cars and, among the beautiful Audi Cabriolet she had in the summer of 1994, one of her first cars was this awesome Ford Escort. The five-door hatchback was given to Princess Diana by Prince Charles as an engagement gift in May 1981, two months before the Royal Wedding. Diana used the third-generation model until August 1982 as personal transport during what is considered the happiest part of her relationship with the Prince of Wales. Royalty Cars For Sale: 12 cars owned by British royalty heading to auction For about two decades, the car disappeared from public view but it was finally discovered and will be sold during Reeman Dansie’s Royalty, Antiques and Fine Art Sale in Essex on June 29. It is said to be in an "incredibly original condition" with factory paint and upholstery and just 83,000 original… Read full this story
- Legal battle over sketch of Princess Diana's wedding dress: Former couple who created famous ivory silk gown are at war over plan to sell the image at auction
- Behind-the-scenes royal wedding photos: Kate Middleton & Prince William, Princess Diana & Prince Charles, more
- Princess Diana's fans stunned by resemblance to mother in unseen portrait
- Princess Diana’s wedding dress designer was 'horrified' when she saw her in gown
- 'This was their happy times': Recently unearthed footage shows Princess Diana laughing hysterically at sight of Prince Charles in a hard hat during the couple's 1985 royal tour of Australia
- Princess Diana's lover breaks silence and claims Martin Bashir 'exploited' her
- Ex-lover of former Spanish king claims spy chief 'hinted she would die like Princess Diana'
- Trump could’ve faced Queen’s wrath over his ‘revolting’ remarks on Princess Diana
- Princess Diana’s ex Hasnat Khan slams BBC’s Martin Bashir for ‘exploitive’ 1995 TV interview
- Rare 28-year-old Ford Escort Cosworth on sale for a whopping £92,500
Princess Diana's 1981 Ford Escort Is Headed To Auction have 356 words, post on www.motor1.com at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.