Tata Motors completes setting up India’s largest solar car park at its facility in Pune. The solar setup is capable of producing over 86 lakh kWh of electricity annually.
The company has collaborated with Tata Power to add solar panels to the stockyard spanning 30,000 sq. meters at its manufacturing facility in Chikhali, Pune. The new solar plant establishment is part of the brand’s net-zero carbon goal for 2039.
Both companies entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) on August 31, 2020. Despite the ongoing Covid-19 challenges, the partnership managed to commission the project in a record time of 9.5 months.
The 6.2 MWp solar stockyard is estimated to reduce 7,000 tons of carbon emissions annually and 1.6 lakh tons over its lifecycle. Also, cars parked under the solar panel will be offered additional protection.
Mr Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, “At Tata Motors, we have consciously anchored sustainability in every aspect of our business by striving for more meaningful ways to reduce our impact on the planet, whilst providing exciting products and sustainable solutions to our customers.
We have always been conscious of the need to conserve energy and are committed to achieving 100% renewable energy source for all our operations. Our partnership with Tata Power to deploy India’s largest solar carport at our car plant in Pune is a step in that direction.”
Dr Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power, said, “As One Tata initiative, we are proud to partner with Tata Motors and inaugurate India’s largest solar carport. Our partnership is a testament to our collective efforts to lower the carbon footprint and provide innovative and future-focused green energy solutions. We will continue to explore new ways to harness clean resources and offer them to our partners and customers.”
Thoughts About India’s Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors
Auto manufactures are committing towards eco-friendly manufacturing to reduce the carbon footprint in the country. The new solar car park from Tata Motors will generate a substantial amount of clean energy, which will be used for the operation of the production facility. Additionally, it also provides additional protection for freshly manufactured cars.
- Car Sales Report In India For December 2019: Here Is The Sales Performance Of The Top-10 Brands
- New Car Launches In 2019: Here Are The Best New Car Models Introduced In India This Year
- Recollecting automakers exit from India
- Top 5 Electric Car Launches In 2020
- Tata Altroz Bookings Open: India Launch scheduled For January 2020
- Record high discounts fail to cheer up car-buyers in December
- Spy Pics: Tata Tigor Facelift Spotted Testing Again
- Tata Altroz launch confirmed on January 22 - here's what we expect
- Spy Pics: Tata Gravitas Automatic Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- Petrol Cars Sales On The Surge As Automakers Gear Up For BS6
- MG ZS EV First Drive Review: The First Pure-Electric Internet SUV In India
- Biggest Winners And Losers Of 2019: Cars
- Top Five Electric Cars Launching In India In 2020: eKUV300, e-Tron, Taycan, Nexon EV, & The MG ZS EV
- Spy Pics: Force Trax Toofan BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- Great Wall Motors Says Namaste India Via Official Teaser On Twitter
- 2020 Tata Nexon EV: Variants Explained
- All-Electric Strom R3 To Make Its US Debut At CES 2020; India Launch Next Year
- MG Hector Seven-Seater Spotted Testing In India
India’s Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors: Here Are All The Details have 714 words, post on www.drivespark.com at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.