CHRIS SKELTON/STUFF Four people died when a truck and a van collided at the intersection of Cochranes and Wakanui roads near Ashburton shortly before 10am on June 4. A woman held the hands of trapped survivors through a broken window to comfort them while damaged power lines dangled overhead just after a crash that killed four people near Ashburton. The collision between a truck and a van happened at the intersection of Cochranes and Wakanui roads in Elgin shortly before 10am on Friday. Mid-South Canterbury area commander Inspector David Gaskin said three people died at the scene and another person died at Ashburton Hospital. The driver of the truck was injured, though "not badly", and was in hospital receiving treatment, Gaskin told media in Ashburton shortly before midday. READ MORE: Man dies in early-morning crash at busy Christchurch intersection Motorist dead after crash between truck and car closes busy North Canterbury road Person seriously injured after truck rolls, causing delays on Otago highway A person from the van remained in a critical condition and another person had serious injuries. The people in the van were all adults from the North Island, he said. Do you know more? Email [email protected] "This… Read full this story
- Car Crashes Into, Ignites Biomat USA Plasma Center On Western Avenue; Three Dead, Multiple Injured
- A1 traffic latest: A1 CLOSED after crash leaves several hurt - police seal off scene
- 15-Year-Olds Wounded In Windsor Shooting Near Michael Hill Park
- 'Why my brain injury gets me arrested'
- Five mowed down by speeding truck
- Bus with migrant workers collides with van in India; 17 dead
- Woman Killed In Head-On Crash On SR-78 In North County
- Whale Crashes Onto Small Boat, Sending Two to Hospital
- Teen dies in shooting after police found him with gunshot wound near crash site
- Santee Traffic & Transit
Four dead, multiple injuries after truck and van crash near Ashburton have 300 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at June 4, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.