Here’s something you don’t see every day.
The MC20 , Maserati's " brilliant in-house effort ," is a model we have been waiting for for quite long. The Italian brand finally has a proper two-seater, mid-engine sports car with a killer V6 engine, roomy cabin, and striking design. Like it or not, it's going to be Maserati's flagship model for at least several years.
The brand hasn't started delivering examples to those with early reservations yet and there are rumors the first MC20s will be delivered in September this year. Production is either underway or will begin very shortly, and word on the street is Maserati will build about 450 cars this year. It seems that some final fine-tuning might still be going on judging by a new spy video.
How It Was Born:
This short 1:30-minute clip comes from the Varryx channel on YouTube and shows us five Maserati MC20 prototypes cruising just outside Ferrari's factory in Maranello. That's a weird sight considering the new mid-engined sports car features basically no input from the fabled Prancing Horse brand. In the video, we get to see three blue MC20s, one black, and one white examples.
It has to be noted that there doesn't seem to be any camouflage covering the test cars, which probably means Maserati isn't testing anything new. Still, there might be little tweaks under the skin that remain invisible to the eye but we can't confirm or deny that at the moment.
Gallery: 2021 Maserati MC20: First Drive
The MC20 goes on sale with a brand new, state-of-the-art 3.0-liter V6 engine with an output of 621 horsepower (463 kilowatts) and 538 pound-feet (729 newton-meters) of torque. Channeled through an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission, the power ensures the car can sprint from a standstill to 62 miles per hour (0-100 kilometers per hour) in just 2.9 seconds and hit a top speed of 201 mph (323 kph).
Source: Varryx on YouTube
- Ferrari Dino 308GT4
- Ferrari Dino 206 and 246
- The History of the Maserati Cars
- Maserati Car Show & Vehicle History
- The Maserati Spyder Motor Car
- Ferrari 308 GTB and GTS
- Ferrari 308GTBi and GTSi
- Ferrari 308QV
- Forgo Factory Farms, Feedlots, and "Frankenfoods"
- Politicians & Porsches Make Strange Bedfellows
- McLaren Mercedes Improving Performance Just Before Season Starts?
- Think Lean to Escape the Planning Loop Trap
- The Strange Cheating Fiasco at McLaren Mercedes
- Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Involved in Another Scandal
- Tips For Driving in Bologna, Italy
- Behold the 4-Door Lamborghini Sports Car From the Paris Auto Show
- Birthday Gifts For Men - The Quest For Uniqueness
- The Enzo Behind the Enzo
Five Maserati MC20 Prototypes Caught In Front Of Ferrari Factory have 475 words, post on www.motor1.com at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.