The Audi e-Tron arrives at showrooms ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The electric SUV has been spotted in a couple of shades bearing Maharastra registration plates. It is expected to go on sale sometime in the coming weeks in the country.
The Audi e-Tron was first showcased in India back in 2019. The electric SUV was expected to be launched last year. However, like most product launches, the arrival of the e-Tron is delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The German automaker already said that they will bring the SUV and the Sportback version of the e-Tron. However, the latter will be launched at a later date. Both models feature the same underpinnings albeit with a different design. Audi is expected to price the e-Tron at around Rs 1 crore, ex-showroom.
Looking at the electric powertrain on the e-Tron, it is powered by two electric motors. This includes a 125kW motor at the front and a 140kW motor at the rear. Together they produce a combined power output of 408bhp of power and 664Nm of torque. The power is sent to all-four-wheel keeping the brand ‘Quattro’ name tag alive in the EV era.
Electric motors draw power from a 95kWh Lithium-ion battery. The batteries in the SUV will charge from 0 to 80 per cent in 30 minutes via a DC fast charger. Audi will also be offering the e-Tron with an onboard AC charger. The specs of the onboard charger are yet to be known. The e-Tron provides a maximum driving range of 400 kilometres on a single charge.
The e-Tron can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 5.7seconds in Sports mode, and continue to reach a top speed of 200kmph. It also features different power modes and regenerative braking to enhance the driving range.
Despite the SUV stance, the exterior of the e-Tron is designed to cut through the air to reduce drag. This has been achieved via a closed grille with flaps that are automatically operated to provide cooling. Also, the SUV features rounded creases along the body with slats to channel the air away from the car.
Other exterior features include the brand’s Matrix LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, a sloping roof-line with faux roof rails, an LED bar across the length of the boot-lid with integrated tail lamps and turn signal indicators, and 20-inch spoke alloy wheels; among others.
The interiors of the Audi e-Tron feature three screens for the instrument cluster, infotainment and operation of seat function and climate control. For an enhanced in-car entertainment experience, the SUV is offered with a premium Bang & Olufsen audio system.
Other interior features and safety equipment include multiple climate control, voice-assisted connected technology electric sunroof, wireless smartphone charging, panoramic sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, ABS, traction control, stability control and more.
Thoughts About The Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showroom Ahead Of India Launch
The arrival of the e-Tron at the showroom point hints at the electric SUV launching soon in India. Lately, the Indian market has received several models in the luxury electric SUV segment. As a result, the Audi e-Tron once launched will rival the Mercedes-Benz EQC, Jaguar I-Pace and the upcoming Volvo XC40 Recharge and the Tesla Model 3.
- Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- Ford Endeavour BS6 2020 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 29.55 Lakh, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- New (2020) BMW X1 Launched In India At Rs 35.90 Lakh: Rivals The New Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- New-Generation Audi A8 L Review
- Bajaj Dominar 250 To Make Indian Debut In March: Launch Expected In April
- Mercedes-Benz E Class Facelift Models To Launch In India This Year: Details And Expected Price
- Bajaj Dominar 250 Spied Testing For The First Time Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Mercedes-Benz plans to launch 10 luxury cars in India
- Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- Trump India visit LIVE: US President offers Kashmir mediation offer
- Bajaj Dominar 250 Confirmed; Will Arrive In March 2020
- Oppo Reno3 Pro pre-orders open ahead of March 2 launch
- iQOO 3 launched in India with 5G, Snapdragon 865, five cameras and 55W charging: Price, specs, features
- Audi Q8 is a sporty sedan and distinguished SUV in one
- 2020 BMW X1 Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 35.90 Lakh
- Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- SSC CGL Tier 1 2020 admit card: Region wise download
Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards! have 926 words, post on www.drivespark.com at June 12, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.