Joining the new Rapid Blue hue for the new model year.
Chevrolet is restructuring the Camaro's range for the 2022 model year by discontinuing the 1LE Performance Package from all models that don’t pack a V8 under the hood. There's no specific reason for that decision, though, with six consecutive years of a steady drop in sales, it doesn't sound unexpected to see the automaker simplifying the sports car's lineup. However, there is some good news for the 2022 model year.
Atom Barry, a designer for General Motors, shared an image depicting the 2022 Camaro with a new color. The striking orange paint you see here is called Vivid Orange and it replaces the previous Crush Orange color.
save over $ 3,400 on average off MSRP* on a new Chevrolet Camaro
We don't know the pricing for the new optional color, though it will likely follow the same formula as the color it replaces. The Crush Orange option was offered at a price of $395 and we expect the same or very similar price premium for the new orange hue.
The Vivid Orange won't be the only new color in the Camaro's palette for the new model year. As our source recalls, a new Rapid Blue finish will replace the Shock color from 2021. In February this year, Chevrolet gave us an early preview of that new color with the Camaro NASCAR pace car. It's worth noting that this new addition to the color palette was once exclusive to the Chevy Corvette C8.
Changes For The 2022 MY:
The seventh model year of the sixth-generation Camaro is expected to go into production in September this year. The 2022 model year will likely bring a few minor but still important improvements, though not much else besides the new colors is known at the moment.
Source: Muscle Cars & Trucks
- 2017 Chevy Sonic downsizes Camaro styling in New York
- 2018 Chevy Camaro Hot Wheels Edition debuts ahead of SEMA
- 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 takes aim at the world
- SPESHUL CAMERO? Chevy Camaro Commemorative Edition Honors Final Year for Fifth-Gen
- 2014 Chevy Camaro revealed... on a daytime talk show?
- 2017 Chevy Camaro 50th Anniversary Edition Priced From $36,795
- 2012 Chevrolet COPO Camaro Convertible is an Inferno Orange charitable donation
- 2017 Chevy Camaro 50th Anniversary edition celebrates in style
- 2013 Chevy Camaro Dusk Special Edition Has Nothing To Do With Twilight
- 2016 Chevy Camaro takes a walk on the wild side at SEMA
- 2016 Chevy Camaro Convertible gets cleaner looks, improved refinement [UPDATE]
- 2014 Chevy Camaro Convertible revealed ahead of Frankfurt debut
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE, New V-6 1LE Revealed for Chicago Show
- 2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1 Convertible Stops By, Shows Off New Retro Rearview Mirror
- The gritty world of 1980s New York: City dwellers show off their outrageous outfits, strip naked in the streets and sleep next to trash cans in startling black-and-white photos
- Los Angeles auto show 2009: news, blogs, reviews
- Chevrolet Camaro Concepts
- It’s a Camarosplosion: Chevy Rolls Out More Modified Camaros for SEMA
2022 Chevy Camaro Shows Striking New Vivid Orange Color In First Photo have 522 words, post on www.motor1.com at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.