The Silverstone team gave the latest set of new parts to Stroll first as it tries to accelerate the development of the difficult AMR21. After an encouraging qualifying session, Vettel had a frustrating Sunday in Portugal. He made Q3 for the first time since the British GP last year, eventually taking 10th on the grid, while Stroll had issues in Q1 and started 17th. However, the German couldn’t maintain that form in the race, slipping down to 13th, and finishing a place ahead of Stroll. “I have a couple of bits coming for next weekend,” said Vettel. “And hopefully we can be a bit more competitive. A clean Saturday obviously will be the key to have a better Sunday. But I hope that in the race trim, we have a bit more pace to put more pressure. “It seemed obviously that we did not have the pace like the AlphaTauris, and especially the Alpines. So yeah, we need to have a look. But ultimately, we were not quick enough.” Read Also: The different rear wing approach that helped Hamilton win Kubica gets Barcelona FP1 outing with Alfa Romeo Asked if the new parts had performed as expected on Stroll’s car,… Read full this story
- Akhil Rabindra retained by Aston Martin Racing Driver Academy
- Aston Martin would be "foreign territory" for Vettel
- Wolff not playing role in Aston Martin/Vettel discussions
- What next for Sergio Perez in F1 if Aston doesn't want him?
- Brundle debunks Vettel interview conspiracy theory
- Vettel "not in a rush" to decide on future plans
- Racing Point won’t ignore Perez’s loyalty in Vettel decision
- Perez: It is ‘obvious’ who’d leave Racing Point if Vettel signs
- Perez: It's ‘obvious’ who Vettel would replace at Racing Point
- Sebastian Vettel must change mindset to survive in Formula One: Daniel Ricciardo
Vettel to get Aston Martin upgrades at Spanish GP have 297 words, post on www.motorsport.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.