LONDON: Former title-holders Mark Selby and Stuart Bingham were left contemplating a late-night finish to their snooker World Championship semi-final on Saturday (May 1).
With the start time of the concluding session of the second semi-final approaching, officials halted the match with Selby leading 16-15 and needing one more frame to reach the sport’s pinnacle match for the fifth time.
And with 2005 champion Shaun Murphy and Kyren Wilson, last year’s losing finalist, locked at 12-12 in another all-English contest, Selby and Bingham could be in for a long wait in Sheffield.
Three-time champion Selby appeared to be compiling a match-winning break in the 31st frame only to run out of position on 44 and let Bingham, the 2015 Crucible king, in for a clearance of 85 that forced extra-time.
Earlier, Murphy won the final three frames of the morning session to draw level after he had been 10-4 behind in a best-of-33-frames encounter.
- Barry Hawkins moves within two frames of World Championship semi-finals
- Mark Allen's World Championship quarter-final in the balance after first session against Kyren Wilson
- Mark Allen trailing by six frames in World Championship quarter-finals
- John Higgins in stunning form as he progresses to World Championship quarter-finals
- A billion eyeballs will be on the Snooker World Championships this year
- Title-holder Selby knocked out in first round of snooker World Championship
- Hard-fought competition in Gozo Motocross Championship semi-finals
- Women’s volleyball team reaches Asian Championship semi-finals
- Vietnamese muay fighters enter world championships’ semis
- Mark Allen two frames from World Championship defeat after crushing second session
- O'Sullivan clashes with rival in bitter exchange before World Championship exit
- Mark Allen pegged back ahead of final session of round two tie at World Championship
- Mark Allen crashes out of World Championship at the hands of Kyren Wilson
- World Snooker Championship 2018: Barry Hawkins beats Ding Junhui to reach semi-finals
- Hawkins and Wilson through to semi-finals in Sheffield
- O’Sullivan prepares for World Championship with a future eye on London Marathon
- World Championship: Ronnie O'Sullivan faces Stephen Maguire; Mark Selby plays Joe Perry
- Snooker: O’Sullivan crashes out of World Championships
Snooker world championship semi-finals set for late finish have 329 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.