Home Four wheelers lekhaka-Athul z By Athul Z Updated: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 18:35 [IST] The Tata Altroz has overtaken the Hyundai i20 in terms of sales numbers for the first time since its introduction in the Indian Market. This is despite the fact that the current Hyundai i20 is the latest car among the two. By selling 6,649 units, the Tata Altroz has become the country’s second-highest-selling premium hatchback in the month of April 2021. In the month of April 2021, the Indian market witnessed a decline in car sales across all segments due to the second wave of the pandemic and the lockdowns and curfews associated with it. It was the Hyundai i20 that suffered the highest decline of sales in its segment by selling just 5,002 units in April 2021 compared to 9,045 units sold in March 2021. Rank Model Apr’21 Mar’21 Growth (%) 1 Maruti Baleno 16,384 21,217 -23 2 Tata Altroz 6,649 7,550 -12 3 Hyundai i20 5,002 9,045 -45 4 Toyota Glanza 2,182 2,989 -27 5 Volkswagen Polo 1,197 1,888 -37 6 Honda Jazz 830 707 17 7 Ford Freestyle 635 689 -8 The Tata Altroz too saw a decline in sales. However, it… Read full this story
- Tata Altroz Production-Spec Model To Be Unveiled In December: India-Launch Expected Next Year
- Tata Altroz spotted sans camouflage; to be launched soon
- Maruti Swift, Hyundai i20 take on their closest rivals
- Rough and tough Hyundai i20 has a long way to go
- Tata Motors writes off Rs 230 crore in Q2 on cars no longer profitable
- What is Tata planning for 2020?
- Can Nexon replicate Tiago's success for Tata Motors?
- 2020 Tata Tiago Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Debut At The Auto Expo: Spy Pics, Video & Details
- Maruti YRA: The car that will take on Hyundai's Elite i20
- Hyundai launches Elite i20 automatic at Rs 9.01 lakh
Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20 have 269 words, post on www.drivespark.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.