Home Four wheelers lekhaka-Athul z By Athul Z Updated: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 19:11 [IST] Very soon a nominee can be added for your vehicle’s registration. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is trying to make some changes in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 which will facilitate vehicle owners to add a nominee name in their vehicle’s RC. At present, the rules for change of ownership of the vehicle whose owner is deceased involves lots of formalities and paperwork. If the new proposed suggestion comes into action, the nominee can easily transfer the ownership of the vehicle, post the demise of the original owner. The new rule change is also applicable to existing vehicles as well. Owners of both new and existing vehicles can add a nominee to the registration through an online application. However, vehicle owners must also submit proof of identity of the nominee to add his/her name to the RC. The new rule also states that, in case of death of the vehicle’s owner, the nominee must fill Form 31 and submit the application for transfer of ownership within three months from the death of the vehicle owner. The new rule also facilitates the… Read full this story
- Ministry of Highways allows sale and registration of Electric Vehicles without pre-fitted batteries
- Govt plans to make FASTag mandatory for buying third party vehicle insurance from April 1, 2021
- Mahindra Bolero Invader Modified With A New Engine & More: A Three-Door Monster Truck
- Bentley Flying Spur Gets Sporty With New Styling Specification
- In road-tax sop, register EVs without factoring in batteries
- Opinion: Despite the pandemic, how can India accelerate the adoption of EVs?
- Two-Wheeler GST Expected To Reduce In India: Bikes & Scooters Could Get Cheaper
- 2021 Audi Q2 Debuts With Refreshed, Sharper Styling
- Lifted VW Transporter Is Ready For An Off-Road Adventure
- Hyundai to rely on rural markets, premium products to stay ahead
New MoRTH Rule Allows Vehicle Buyers & Owners To Add A Nominee In The Vehicle’s RC have 306 words, post on www.drivespark.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.