Mahindra ‘s annual Analyst Meet 2021 recently concluded with several announcements by the brand. The company announced that its XUV300 compact-SUV bookings have increased by 90 per cent in H2 of FY2021.
The company further added that it has received an average of over 6,000 bookings per month for the XUV300 in Q1 and Q2 of the Financial Year 2021. Out of the total bookings received, around 48 per cent belong to the petrol variant of the compact SUV.
Due to the increasing popularity of the XUV300 , the waiting period now stretches to over 12 weeks. The Mahindra XUV300 is placed in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment in the Indian market.
To help compete against its new segment rivals, the company launched the petrol automatic variant earlier this year. The XUV300 is one of the few compact SUVs that offer both petrol and diesel engine options along with automatic and manual transmission options on both engines.
The Mahindra XUV300 is offered with a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces a maximum of 109bhp and 200Nm of torque. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engine churns out 117hp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed AMT transmission.
The Mahindra XUV300 competes against a long list of segment rivals in the country. This includes Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon Ford EcoSport, Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Honda WR-V and the list goes on.
Recently, Mahindra pushed a couple of updates to the XUV300 silently. This includes the omission of a three-point seatbelt for the rear-middle seat and heated (ORVMs) Outside Rear View Mirrors.
Also, prices for the XUV300 have been increased recently. The price hike of the compact SUV ranges between Rs 1,000 and 39,000. After the price hike, the XUV300 now retails between Rs 7.96 lakh and Rs 12.94 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Here is the variant-wise price list .
While the XUV300 is currently holding its ground against the long list of rivals, there are few other models in the pipeline that will be added at later date. This could threaten the position of the compact-SUV in the segment.
Securing the future of the XUV300’s performance in the Indian market, the company will be launching an all-new SUV sometime between 2024 and 2027. The new model will also be receiving some form of electrification — here are all the details .
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 Bookings Increase By 90 Percent
Being relatively an old-timer in the compact-SUV segment, the XUV300 continue to attract a fair number of buyers. Having multiple engines and transmission options in the BS6 era seems to be working for the brand’s compact SUV. Also, the XUV300 features a butch stance with an appealing design.
- Mahindra Thar Bookings Cross 6,500 Units In December 2020: The Off-Road SUV
- NBFCs may see 7-9% growth in AUM next fiscal: Icra
- Nissan Magnite Sold Out For 2021? Bookings Average Close To 1000 Units Per Day Since Launch
- Bike Sales Report For December 2020: Royal Enfield Registers A Massive 37% Growth In Yearly Sales
- Car Sales Report For December 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 20 Percent Yearly Sales Growth
- Car Sales Report For December 2020: MG Motor India Registers 33 Percent Growth In Yearly Sales
- Car Sales Report For December 2020: Tata Motors Registers 21 Percent In Yearly Growth
- Ford C-SUV Based On Mahindra XUV500 Still On Track For India Launch: Here Are More Details
- Bike Sales Report For December 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers A 11% Growth In Yearly Sales
- Nissan Magnite ASEAN NCAP Crash Test Results: Secures An Impressive 4-Star Safety Rating
- Infrastructure - Steady provisioning to soften impact of slow credit resolution: ICRA
- Car Sales Report For December 2020: Here Are The Top-10 Highest-Selling Car Brands Of Last Month
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 6
- HCMC’s economy still has bright spots amid difficulties in 2020
- Positive prospects for Vietnam’s economy in 2021
- Maruti Suzuki & Toyota Partner To Develop Small Car & MPV For Indian Market
- Factbox: China's agricultural progress in 2020
- All-New Kia MPV For India Codenamed ‘KY’ Coming Soon: Will Rival The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga!
Mahindra XUV300 Bookings Increase By 90 Percent: Registers Growth In H1 FY2021 have 845 words, post on www.drivespark.com at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.