Espargaro launched from 13th on the grid but was unable to make much progress into the top 10, ultimately ending the race 11.7 seconds from the victory in 10th and trailing his Honda team-mate Marc Marquez. The Spaniard says he was "just feeling really bad" in the 25-lap Jerez race and was unhappy with the performance of the RC213V. "[I was] just feeling really bad, we have no traction, we have no turning and our speed is not good," Espargaro said. "I cannot ride smooth, my pace doesn't come, I'm riding tight and trying to gain more and more in brakes. "But then the brakes gave up and I go wide, because in the other areas we are a mess. It's like this." Read Also: Marquez "destroyed" after Jerez MotoGP race Emotional Miller "worked arse off" for Spanish MotoGP win Pol Espargaro, Repsol Honda Team Photo by: Gold and Goose / Motorsport Images Espargaro will have time to understand his issues on Monday during the post-race test at Jerez, though suggested he wasn't too enthusiastic about HRC's programme, noting: "I'm an employee of Honda and I'm going to do what they want me to try. "I'm going to work with… Read full this story
- European MotoGP: Mir scores maiden win in Suzuki 1-2
- Valencia MotoGP: Nakagami sets FP1 pace ahead of Yamahas
- Miller fastest in Valencia MotoGP practice as Mir crashes
- MotoGP 2020: Pol back on pole - Espargaro quickest as title contenders struggle
- MotoGP on TV today – How can I watch the European Grand Prix?
- Espargaro not "super nervous" to get first MotoGP win
- “Irregular” MotoGP form “hurts a lot” – Quartararo
- MotoGP 2020: Quartararo hopeful of hitting back in Valencia
- Iannone’s four-year doping ban “ridiculous”, says Espargaro
- Espargaro will “test” Rins at start of European GP
Honda “was a mess” in Jerez MotoGP race – Espargaro have 317 words, post on www.motorsport.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.