Rock out in your new Ram 1500.
Last year was a rollercoaster for automakers with the coronavirus pandemic gnawing into sales. Ram almost outperformed the Chevy Silverado for the number two spot behind the Ford F-150, but Ram sales fell 11 percent from 2019 to 2020. To help close that sales gap, Ram is kicking off a new ad campaign with Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl. He makes a brief appearance in one but narrates both, with a third ad debuting later this month.
The first two spots, "Rock Star" and "Overtime," focus on parents, family caregivers, coaches, and teachers helping kids overcome their struggles, with a heavy presence of the Ram 1500, of course. The band's music is also included in the ad campaign, featuring the opening song "Making a Fire" from its 2020 "Medicine at Midnight" album.
The Foo Fighters is a shift away from the country music artists the brand has previously worked with, though Ram isn't abandoning the genre for rock. Stellantis' Global Chief Marketing Officer Olivier Francois told Variety that this was an opportunity to expand Ram's reach to its target customer. The company's used a third-party tool to discover that the Foo Fighters resonated well with truck buyers, outperforming the best-known country artists.
Ram Through The News:
While Ram will sell tons of 1500 pickups in 2021, it has a new star to help draw potential buyers – the high-performance TRX . The beastly off-roader finally gives the Ford F-150 Raptor a run for its money by combing off-road capability with an obscene amount of power. Its supercharged 6.2-liter V8 produces 702 horsepower (523 kilowatts) and 650 pound-feet (881 Newton-meters) of torque, which should turn heads.
Gallery: 2021 Ram 1500 TRX: First Drive Review
Ram's "Spotlight" ad campaign kicks off just before Mother's Day, which will run across TV, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. "Foo Fighters' story with the Ram Truck brand started 25 years ago when they piled into a Ram van and headed out on the road in search of a dream," said Francois. "Their ability to pursue those dreams were enabled by the ones who have continued to support the band throughout what has turned out to be a one-of-a-kind journey."
save over $ 3,400 on average off MSRP* on a new Ram 1500
Sources: Ram , Variety
- New 2014 Ram 1500 TV Ad Features Juanes' La Luz
- New Ad Campaign Aims to Sell Organic to the Masses
- Foo Fighter's Dave Grohl Does Secret Oscars 2016 Music Performance
- Foo Fighters Cancel Two Shows After Dave Grohl’s Dramatic Fall In Friday’s Concert
- Dave Grohl Details Leg Injury That Cancels Foo Fighters Euro Gigs
- Dave Grohl Out Of Foo Fighters And Nick Lachey Is In
- Foo Fighters Rickroll Westboro Baptist Church Again
- Dave Grohl Promotes New HBO Documentary At TCA Press Tour
- Dave Grohl Directed Sonic Highways Trailer Debuts
- Foo Fighters Lead Bud Light Hotel Super Bowl 2014 Line-Up
- Foo Fighters Perform Surprise Concert At Preservation Hall
- Google Introduces Tool for Planning Online Ad Campaigns
- Can Fan-Driven Ad Campaign Spark Palm WebOS Phone Sales?
- Apple's new ads remind us to live life to the fullest
- AFC East 2019: New England Patriots set to continue dominance
- Twitter Flips Ad Model to Rival Facebook’s Structure
- Verizon to Start Selling Google's Android Phones
- Devils eager for offseason splashes to help deliver wins
Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Helps Sell Ram 1500 In New Ad Campaign have 597 words, post on www.motor1.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.