At every grand prix event, F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali meets with team bosses for an informal chat about the latest developments within the sport. And on the back of the track limits controversy from Portugal last weekend, when Max Verstappen lost a pole position and fastest lap for running wide, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner says that the topic will come under the spotlight. For although there is no debate over Verstappen breaking the rules after running off the circuit in Portimao, Horner thinks that the consistency of how track limits are applied needs to be discussed. He does not like the fact that at some corners drivers are allowed to run out over the kerbs, while at others the edge of the track is defined as the white line. Speaking to Sky F1 on Friday, Horner said: "I think the main thing for us is that we were over the track limits. So obviously we had lap times [in Portugal] or overtaking places [in Bahrain] taken off us. "But I think it’s just the consistency from track to track, from corner to corner. If it’s difficult for the teams to understand, I’m not quite sure how you’re supposed to explain it to the fan. "So… Read full this story
- Is Christmas in jeopardy? Ministers discuss tightening festive rules after Matt Hancock raised the alarm about new Covid strain - but experts say UK should keep 'calm and rational' about 'normal virus evolution'
- McLaren sells big stake in F1 team to consortium in £560m deal
- Ineos motors in to take a one-third stake in Mercedes F1 team
- McLaren to sell stake in F1 team to US investors
- Pirelli releases wind tunnel tyres to F1 teams
- Ferrari outline hope to recover from 'inadequate' 2020 as Carlos Sainz starts at team
- F1: Max Verstappen wins the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- McLaren sell stake to US-based investors in £560m deal to help push to return to front of F1
- Watch Lewis Hamilton celebrate historic F1 season by performing DOUGHNUTS as he turns attention to new Mercedes deal
- NHS bosses warn that easing Covid rules for Christmas could spark a third wave - as experts brand the move a 'mistake' after cases rose by a THIRD yesterday
F1 team bosses to hold meeting to discuss track limit rules have 372 words, post on www.motorsport.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.