Imported cars are prohibitively expensive in the country. Global poverty rates fell over the last decade alongside a burgeoning middle class. However, not everyone has had the opportunity to buy the latest and greatest from the world's largest automakers. Countries like Tunisia make it prohibitively expensive to buy a new car, leading many to look at the used market, or not at all, though there's a homegrown solution called Wallys Car. It offers the Iris, a hand-built car that starts at $13,000. Half of the car's cost is tied up in its imported engine from France, though it fits inside the Tunisian-assembled fiberglass body. The partly sum is still wildly expensive for many middle-class budgets, though far cheaper than most new cars. The Business Insider video above notes that a new Toyota Corolla could start at over $30,000 in the African country. Even a used car like a Ford Fiesta is often twice as expensive there as it would be in the US. But what does $13,000 get you? Gallery: Wallys Iris 18 Photos It's a bare-bones automobile designed to help solve a specific problem, so it lacks the usual bells and whistles we come to expect with today's new… Read full this story
- The best T-Mobile plans in July 2020
- The best cheap desktop computer deals for July 2020
- These are the best cheap Apple deals for July 2020
- These are the best cheap office chair deals for July 2020
- The cars, trucks, and SUVs with the best resale value in 2020
- These are the best cheap gaming PC deals for July 2020
- These are the best cheap wireless mouse deals for July 2020
- These are the best cheap external hard drive deals for July 2020
- The best cheap Kindle deals for June 2020: Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis
- Is it OK to use your browser’s built-in password manager?
Tunisian-Built Fiberglass SUV Offers Cheap Mobility For $13K have 307 words, post on www.motor1.com at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.