The reigning world champion made slight contact with the returning Marquez at the Turn 11 Portimao right-hander on the opening lap of Sunday's race as he made a move for third. The pair came to blows again a lap later at Turn 3 when Marquez clipped the rear of Mir, though both stayed mounted. This came a day after Mir was left unhappy by what he felt was "dangerous" tactics from the Honda rider in qualifying, marking the first bit of controversy between the reigning champion and the rider he dethroned. Mir, who went on to finish third, says he has to be "aggressive" starting so far back "if we want to fight for the championship". Asked by Motorsport.com if the hard pass was a little bit of payback after qualifying, Mir said: "In the first lap it's true we had the moment there [at Turn 11]. "I wanted to overtake and then he closed the line and then it was too late for me. Then we both touched. "It's true that I felt a hit in the next lap and I didn't know that was Marc. So now I understand it was Marc. "To start in ninth position means… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: MotoGP riders ready for round two of #StayAtHomeGP
- Dovizioso schrok ervan dat Marquez vierjarig contract tekende
- Marc Marquez blikt terug op controversiële middag in Argentinië
- Marquez kijkt uit naar Assen: “Hoop op geweldige show voor fans”
- UK's coronavirus outbreak is set to overtake Italy and France: Worrying graphic suggests that three weeks since Britain hit 50 deaths it is in danger of being in a worse state than 'Europe's epicentre' was at the same point
- America has the most coronavirus deaths in the world: United States records more than 20,000 fatalities - overtaking Italy's death toll after 2,000 Americans died in one day
- Revealed: Hero NHS nurses Luis from Portugal and Jenny from Invercargill who Boris Johnson said 'stood by my ICU bedside for 48 hours when things could have gone either way'
- Coronavirus latest: US death toll overtakes Italy
- Middleweight John Harding Jr is stuck in lockdown sparring Dillian Whyte and feeling force of heavyweight’s frustration
- FEMA administrator says he will FINALLY use emergency defense powers after days of delay to force production of masks and test kids to prepare for mass hospitalization as U.S. cases hit 45,000
Mir forced into hard Marquez Portugal MotoGP overtake have 401 words, post on www.motorsport.com at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.