Maserati’s racing debut was exactly 95 years ago; it was on 25 April 1926 that the first racing car to bear the Trident on its bonnet, the Tipo26, won the 1,500 cc class at the Targa Florio with Alfieri Maserati at the wheel. However, 58 years later, on 17 January 1954, the company made its debut in F1 and entered the pinnacle of world motorsports with the 250F driven by Juan Manuel Fangio.
The company’s history in the competition and its connection with the racing world inspired the new F Tributo Special Edition, which received its world premiere at Shanghai Auto Show 2021. F is for Fangio, the driver who made his mark on an Era. Tributo, in clear homage to the glorious victories of the past. The special series is available on Ghibli and Levante in two exclusive colours – Rosso Tributo and Azzurro Tributo.
Both the vehicles get amazing and unique paint jobs. Not only that, but it also gets 21-inch alloy wheels and the callipers are painted in yellow. However, there have been no changes done mechanically to either of the cars. Under the hood of the Levante is an Alfa Romeo sourced 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine which is combined with a 48-volt hybrid system. The combined output is a healthy 330bhp and 540Nm of torque.
On the other hand, the 2021 Maserati Ghibli gets the 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol mild-hybrid powertrain. This engine produces 325bhp of power and 450Nm of peak torque. Acceleration from 0-100km/h is achieved in just 5.7 seconds and it has a top speed of 255km/h. It also gets regenerative braking and the company claims that the mild-hybrid system reduces fuel consumption by 20 per cent.
Thoughts About The Maserati F Tributo Special Edition
This special F Tributo Edition on the Maserati Ghibli and the Levante look absolutely fantastic. Both the cars get a beautiful cosmetic update but nothing really under the hood. However, the F Tributo Special Edition paint scheme looks fabulous.
- Ram, Maserati Levante Launches Disappoint Outspoken FCA CEO
- Less Chrome, Same Performance: Jaguar Reveals 2019 XE Landmark Edition
- 5 Things I Learnt From Driving A Maserati For A Day
- How much is a first class stamp, who decides postage prices in the UK and what special sets has the Royal Mail released?
- India's First 2018 Maserati Ghibli Luxury Sports Sedan Worth Rs 1.42 Crore Delivered in Delhi
- Maserati GranTurismo 2018 Review: Natural Aspiration
- Special truck edition for horse race
- Lambrini launches a new PINK bottle – and you get 50% off Fake Bake tanning products with every purchase
- Upcoming Supercars / Hypercars scheduled for launch by 2020
- Renault Kwid Climber launched in South Africa; limited to just 200 units
- All-female Subbuteo set to be launched to mark rapid growth of women's football
- First all-female Subbuteo set launched
- New powerful Maserati Levante Trofeo V8 2019
- Sheraton Saigon re-launches Saigon café restaurant
- New Cars: 2017 New Car Calendar, the December update
- The Wildest Dreams from Beijing's Auto Show 2018
- iPhone 8 review: The upgrade many people will be looking for
- The Subaru Impreza 22B Was An Insane Monster That Could Never Happen Today
Maserati F Tributo Special Edition Of The Ghibli & Levante Launched: Here Are All The Details! have 671 words, post on www.drivespark.com at April 26, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.