Honda’s 2021 engine, the so-called RA621H, is viewed by many in the F1 paddock as the strongest PU in the current field, with Pierre Gasly's qualifying form for AlphaTauri backing up the pace of Red Bull Racing. A major package of changes that was in the system had originally been postponed to 2022, but following the Japanese company's decision to end its official involvement in the sport early it was decided to fast track the new project for this year after all. That represented a huge commitment, as the call was made quite late last season. "The original plan was to implement this new structure PU this year in 2021," said head of power unit development Yasuaki Asaki. "But then for a variety of reasons, it was decided not to proceed with a brand new PU. However, the thinking on this really changed when Honda announced that we would be leaving the sport. "I went to President Hachigo, and said to him that we would really like to implement this new structure PU for our last year in the sport. And he kindly accepted that request." Read Also: What Verstappen’s scenic tour revealed about Red Bull’s secrets Red Bull targets… Read full this story
- Savvy woman, 28, who ditched a traditional career and made $100k in 10 MONTHS reveals the 'secrets' behind her success in the business world
- Elon Musk Sold 20,000 Flamethrowers and Revealed the Secret of His (Ongoing) Success in the Process
- 20 moving photos reveal the secret lives of women growing up in Gaza -- one of the most contested pieces of land in the world
- Is Apple getting ready to reveal its secret car?
- The Merryn Somerset Webb interview: Michael MacPhee reveals his secrets
- Want to be a better leader? Industry experts reveal their secrets
- 6 Southeast Asian Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Secrets For Success
- Jeff Bezos Reveals the Secret to a Healthier and More Productive Life With These 10 Words
- Google’s Erik Schmidt Just Revealed the Secret of Employee Success. Here It Is
- Elon Musk Just Revealed the Secret Story of Tesla on Twitter–and It Is Epic
Honda reveals development secrets of 2021 F1 engine have 351 words, post on www.motorsport.com at April 23, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.