Button and Buncombe, together with Bob Neville, founded the Jenson Team Rocket RJN squad in 2019 that has gone on to compete in Blancpain GT Series (now GT World Challenge Europe) and British GT in the last two years. The outfit was originally intending to expand into the DTM in 2021 with a one-car entry, going as far as making an official announcement in December, but it was revealed last month that those plans have been put on the backburner in favour of a full season in both British GT and GTWCE. However, the British-based team hasn't completely given up on the DTM yet and is targeting an entry into the revamped GT3-based category next year, possibly with two cars. This has opened up the possibility of Button racing in the DTM as a guest driver, having largely remained out of action since he stepped down from SUPER GT at the end of the 2019 season. Asked if the 2018 GT500 champion could make a cameo in the DTM when Jenson Team Rocket RJN eventually joins the championship, Buncombe told Motorsport.com: "At some point. Certainly with…we all know it's a great series and for any driver it's a great championship… Read full this story
- Kim Jong-un Makes Public Appearance After Nearly a Month-Long Absence, Reports Say
- Tyson Fury's wife Paris 'lands a role as a panellist on Loose Women after her guest appearance on the show was a big hit with viewers'
- Early human ancestors were using fire to make tools 300,000 years ago, flint blades unearthed in an Israeli cave reveal
- Jeannie Mai makes cameo appearance on Dancing With The Stars less than a month after undergoing emergency surgery on her throat
- Prince Charles used Princess Diana's love of fashion against her to make her appear 'shallow or frivolous because he resented the attention she received', new royal book claims
- Watch Miley Cyrus Make Surprise Appearance at 2019 VMAs With ‘Slide Away’
- Prince Harry makes surprise appearance as he goes incognito in LA
- Trump makes surprise appearance at RNC as GOP formally nominates him for reelection
- Prince Harry teases pal JJ Chalmers’ tight shorts and tan as he makes shock appearance on Strictly Come Dancing
- Former South African President Zuma Makes First Appearance Before Judicial Commission
Button could make guest appearances in DTM next year have 373 words, post on www.motorsport.com at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.