It’s a sedan version of a Sportback version of a sedan. The first Audi for China developed through the SAIC joint venture is debuting this week at Auto Shanghai 2021. Complementing the Audi-FAW A6L sedan and regular A7, the A7L eschews the Sportback body style of its global cousin and opts instead for a traditional sedan with a proper trunk lid. With customers in the People’s Republic having a soft spot for rear legroom, the newcomer has a significantly longer wheelbase than the original Sportback. The distance between the axles has grown by 98 millimeters (3.85 inches) to 3,026 mm (119.1 in) and the whole car now measures a stately 5,076 mm (199.8 in). It’s still overall shorter than the standard A8 , but curiously, the wheelbase is a smidge longer compared to the non-LWB A8. There’s not much to say about the design since the A7L is basically a stretched sedan derivative of the Sportback. That holds true for the interior as well, effectively carried over from the liftback model, with the obvious change being the abundance of legroom for passengers sitting in the back. Gallery: Audi A7L Sedan for China 14 Photos The car featured here is the… Read full this story
- EVERY CAR you need to see at the 2016 New York International Auto Show
- First Drive: With the 2017 Genesis G90, Hyundai dips a few more toes into the deep-end of the luxury pool
- First Impressions: Buick's all-new 2018 Regal is spicy in all three flavors: Sportback, TourX and GS
- The 2018 Kia Stinger impresses with these 8 strengths...but it also comes with a notable flaw
- Short Report: Should you buy the 2017 Cadillac ATS while you still can?
- Geneva: 10 cars and trucks that matter most at this year’s show
- Daily Drive-Thru: A grand opening for Tesla, another Autopilot crash, why Volkswagen's a prone to hacks, and more
- Op-Ed: The Genesis brand is marinating like good Korean BBQ, but will it sizzle in 2018?
- The Spousal Report: Popularity does not prove worthiness, and the 2018 Lexus RX is a case in point
- The latest Mercedes is a pickup truck
2021 Audi A7L Officially Revealed, And Yes, It's A Sedan have 339 words, post on www.motor1.com at April 18, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.