The category debuted a new bespoke TV graphics package during the Mount Panorama 500 broadcast, a move inspired by Formula 1 and MotoGP to create better brand identity. There were, however, some teething problems across the weekend, particularly during Saturday’s race where results often didn’t update as positions changed hands and some drivers were incorrectly identified. The issue sparked widespread criticism of the new graphics from fans on social media. Speaking to Motorsport.com, Supercars TV boss Nathan Prendergast said the criticism was warranted and that “there’s not a person in the country that’s more disappointed than me”. However he also stressed said the problems weren’t a result of complacency from the broadcast team, rather an unfortunate side effect of introducing new technology in a live TV setting. “We talked a lot about the new graphics package, but what I didn’t explain was that it was more than a refresh of the look – it was a rebuild of the entire platform that runs the system,” Prendergast explained. “The old system was approaching 12 years old and we needed to develop something that had more functionality and could evolve with the package. It was all new. It’s like racing cars; you… Read full this story
- Real Housewives Of Atlanta: Porsha Williams cries at surprise party honoring her work with Black Lives Matter
- Millionaire viewers joke quiz show is 'a fix' after Donald Fear's flawless win
- Ashley Roberts flashes a hint of her tum in crop top co-ord and cosy coat as she returns to work at Heart FM
- Halsey launches Black Creators Fund to help promote the work of Black artists in wake of BLM protests
- Ashley Roberts catches the eye in a lemon coloured faux leather jacket and black snakeskin trousers as she leaves work at Global Studios
- The ultimate revenge body! Kyly Clarke flaunts her cleavage and ripped abs in a bikini as she hits the beach in Byron Bay with her new Supercars beau James Courtney following split with Michael
- Crews Work To Fix Major Water Main Break In East Village
- Top Ten Cancelled TV Shows That Should Continue As Comic Books
- Peter Andre blasts claims Strictly Come Dancing is fixed as "a load of rubbish"
- Lucy Mecklenburgh cuddles son Roman as she and fiancé Ryan Thomas stop off at the garage to get their £90k Range Rover's puncture fixed
Supercars working on TV graphics fix have 388 words, post on www.motorsport.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.