Following the rebranding of the Racing Point team over the winter, Aston Martin launched the AMR21 at an event on Wednesday, revealing the hotly-anticipated new livery. The team has adopted the British racing green colour that has long been teased, as well as retaining some pink elements that Racing Point was known for through sponsor BWT. Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel made his first public appearance with the team at the event following his winter move from Ferrari, joining new teammate Lance Stroll. Both drivers will sample the new Aston Martin F1 car for the first time on Thursday when it completes a shakedown during a Silverstone filming day. The AMR21 car is an evolution of last year’s RP20 following the freeze on wholesale development under the technical regulations in a bid to cut costs following the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Technical director Andrew Green said the focus for the team over the winter had been on recovering the downforce lost under the rule changes for 2021, as well as updating the rear of the car to Mercedes’ 2020-spec. “The main drive in performance is aerodynamics, so there’s obviously a big push on the aerodynamic side,” Green explained to… Read full this story
- Aston Martin - Opportunities and Threats Under New Ownership
- Aston Martin May Be Sold This Week
- Honda Refreshes IT Systems Before F1 Season Starts
- The "Safest" Cars Around
- Luxurious Mercedes G55 and CLK63 AMG Cars for Rental
- How to Organise a Fab Birthday Present for Your Man this Year
- Personalised Number Plates - The Celebrity Choice
- Is Jaguar Next On The Auction Block?
- Johnson Earns Back to Back Win! - SCI March 19th Issue
- Super Star Destroyer: Mercedes-AMG GT S Review and Video
Rebranded Aston Martin F1 team launches 2021 car have 280 words, post on www.motorsport.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.