As first reported by Motorsport.com , Anton De Pasquale will run the #11 for his first campaign with DJR. He’ll debut the new number at Sandown this weekend after starting the season with #100 as part of a Pirtek promotion. Explaining the number switch, DJR boss Ryan Story said De Pasquale floated the idea of running the #11, but was told the team would need permission from the man who made the number famous, Larry Perkins. Perkins agreed and handed over the number in a special ceremony this morning. “When Anton joined the team, I asked him what number he would like to run as Will was going to drive the iconic #17,” said Story. “Anton said he’d love to run number 11 because it was such a key part of his success in Europe where he won many races with it. I told him we could only do so with LP’s blessing. “Number 11 is an iconic number in our sport, and to me it will always be Larry’s number. Despite it not having been used for the past few seasons, I thought it fit and proper for Dick and myself to reach out to his old sparring partner… Read full this story
- Kevin Doyle: 'Green tinge colours politics as voters switch'
- Apollo in 50 numbers: Oddities
- Apollo in 50 numbers: The rocket
- Mobile users can now switch providers by text
- Long Read: 20 Years of Russia's Economy Under Putin, in Numbers
- Golf: club’s first open day blessed with fine weather
- Apollo in 50 numbers: The technology
- Rahm hoping accommodation switch has Open benefits at Portrush
- McLaughlin would ‘probably’ support switch to summer football
- CHRIS HARDY: FA Cup win gave us a double boost
Perkins gave blessing for DJR number switch have 271 words, post on www.motorsport.com at March 19, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.