President Biden Joe Biden Good luck, Dan Bongino! The Hill’s Morning Report – Biden’s next act: Massive infrastructure plan with tax hikes Conservative group says polling shows Dems’ voting rights bill ‘out of sync with American voters’ MORE on Tuesday urged Congress to enact meaningful gun reforms after the second mass shooting in under a week, plunging Washington back into a familiar debate where lawmakers have stalemated in recent years. Eight people in the Atlanta area and 10 people in Boulder, Colo., were killed in the most recent shootings, but there was little sign it would move the needle in Congress — even as political leaders who back gun reforms noted the United States is the only country in the world that continually suffers from mass shooting events. There had been no mass shooting in a year as much of the country stayed home from work and school during the pandemic, a fact noted ruefully by former President Obama. ADVERTISEMENT "A once-in-a-century pandemic cannot be the only thing that slows mass shootings in this country," Obama, who failed to convince Congress to move forward on significant reforms after the Newtown, Conn., elementary school shooting in 2012, said in a statement…. Read full this story
- Gun Control Activists Hold Vigil Outside NRA Headquarters
- Beto O’Rourke: We Must Listen to Children Who Promote Gun Control
- Gun control group criticizes Maine lawmakers for blocking new bills
- Wisconsin's Democrat Governor Calls Special Session on Gun Control
- US gun control: What is the NRA and why is it so powerful?
- Reporter's Notebook: Why Congress is trapped in 'The Matrix' on gun control
- Gun control advocate: Pushing mandatory buybacks will hand victory to the NRA, again
- Wisconsin governor calls special session on gun control
- Samsung's new Gear VR headset adds a controller to the mix
- Michael Moore lauds Beto O'Rourke over gun control platform: 'We need to have some courage'
New shootings plunge Biden, Congress into gun control debate have 307 words, post on thehill.com at March 23, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.