Italian driver Ghiotto is considered the favourite for the second seat at Mercedes customer Haupt Racing Team, where he could partner factory AMG driver Maximilian Gotz. Although the 26-year-old brings some budget along with him, he has also enjoyed a successful career in junior single-seaters, finishing runner-up to current Alpine Formula 1 driver Esteban Ocon in GP3 in 2015 and winning six races at GP2/F2 level over the next five seasons. Ghiotto was due to make a full-time move to sportscar racing last year after signing a deal with R-Motorsport Aston Martin for both legs of the GT World Challenge Europe, but chose to continue racing simultaneously in F2 with Hitech GP. Ghiotto ultimately didn't get to take part in GTWCE at all after R-Motorsport withdrew from the series, and his only GT3 outing of the year in the Bathurst 12 Hour enduro was cut short after teammate Marvin Kirchhofer crashed the team's Aston Martin Vantage GT3 in qualifying. He is now set to take part in the eight-round GT3-based DTM in 2021 as part of a two-car entry run by Hubert Haupt's eponymous team. “The second driver will probably be a young Formula 2 or Formula 3 driver who,… Read full this story
- Citizenship Amendment Bill expected to set the tone for 2021 Bengal polls
- I'm NOT dropping out of 2020 race says Cory Booker after failing to make the stage in next Democratic debate
- Spanish team targets 2021 Formula 1 entry
- NASA's incredible supersonic X-plane dubbed the 'son of Concorde' that is shaped to muffle the sound of its sonic boom is cleared for final assembly ahead of testing in 2021
- CAB expected to set the tone for 2021 Bengal polls
- Racing! Happy holidays to everyone
- EU rules out Brexit renegotiation, vows to avoid Irish backstop with free trade deal before 2021
- Suu Kyi's bid to reform charter sparks rival protests in Myanmar
- 'Have you forgotten what you said two minutes ago?' Julian Castro, 44, astonishes Democrats by hinting that Joe Biden, 76, is struggling with his memory as they clash on health care
- 'Joe is not playing with a full deck' says Donald Trump as Biden escalates attack on president - but is tripped up by his own gaffes including saying 'poor kids are as bright and talented as white kids'
Ghiotto, Floersch set to race in DTM in 2021 have 371 words, post on www.motorsport.com at March 20, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.