Ahead of the 2021 F1 season, the former Renault team was rebranded to Alpine, the French manufacturer’s sportscar brand. As part of the rebrand, the management structure of the Enstone also received an overhaul under new Renault CEO Luca de Meo. Long-time Renault employee Abiteboul left the company, with Alpine to be headed by the new brand CEO Laurent Rossi. Rossi decided not to appoint a traditional team principal to replace Abiteboul, those duties now split between executive director Budkowski and new racing director Davide Brivio, who joined the team from Suzuki’s MotoGP squad. Read Also: F1 team boss Abiteboul leaves Renault effective immediately Alpine explains decision to ditch F1 team principal role Speaking to French media at Alpine’s launch of its 2021 challenger, Budkowski admitted Abiteboul’s departure caused a “shock” within the Enstone team. “It obviously was a surprise and a shock to everyone when we found out,” Budkowski revealed. “But we were ready for the season anyway, the project was very committed. “Cyril, in his role, had been struggling to come to Enstone regularly anyway, thanks to COVID. His presence or absence didn’t change the commitment of the project. “Then we’ve had a new management team in place,… Read full this story
- Kubica does two race distances in Hungary F1 test
- This hike features a WWII-era bomber, alpine lake, river canyon near McCall
- Mississippi State commits react to the departure of Dan Mullen
- Kelly Ripa leaves Michael Strahan hanging on ‘Live!’ day after he shocks her with ‘GMA’ news
- Millers All Day chef Madison Tessener "in shock" over departure from King Street restaurant
- Michael Strahan 'shocked' co-host Kelly Ripa in announcing his departure from 'Live! with Kelly and Michael'
- Matt Lauer firing reactions: Former colleagues are 'in shock'
- 17 Arizona stories that shocked, saddened in 2017
- Tesla Model 3 'shocks' the crowd - and the car world - in Los Angeles world premiere (w/ video)
- China's pork demand hits a peak, shocking producers, as diets get healthier
Abiteboul's Alpine F1 departure was a "shock" - Budkowski have 324 words, post on www.motorsport.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.