Meghan Markle and Harry discuss motives behind Spotify podcast
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have opened up about their plans for Archewell Audio in the latest video to be released of the couple. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex struck a lucrative multi-year deal with music and podcast streaming platform Spotify to create online content. The video comes as the pair also confirmed to the Queen last week that they will not be returning as senior working royals , and so had to return some of their patronages and honours.
The royal were part of the many guests that featured during Spotify’s Stream On event.
This was billed by the tech company as a “virtual live-streamed event exploring the power of audio creation”.
Author Brené Brown and singer Justin Bieber were some of the other “creators” associated with the platform who spoke about the work they will be collaborating on.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry appear in Spotify video (Image: SPOTIFY)
Meghan said: ‘We created Archewell Audio to make sure we can elevate voices.’ (Image: SPOTIFY)
With music playing over, Meghan can be heard talking about how podcasting can “drive powerful conversations”.
Harry adds that these conversations can “inspire, challenge and educate”.
The Duchess continues: “We created Archewell Audio to make sure we can elevate voices that maybe aren’t being heard, and hear people’s stories.
Harry continues: “The biggest part of this is trying to create a community where you can share.”
Harry said: ‘The biggest part of this is trying to create a community where you can share.’ (Image: SPOTIFY)
Harry said: ‘This will encourage everybody else to share their vulnerabilities within a safe place.’ (Image: SPOTIFY)
Meghan Markle and Harry: Caller says Queen should ‘backtrack’
He adds: “This will encourage everybody else to share their vulnerabilities within a safe place.”
Archewell Audio is yet to officially launch although a ‘Holiday Special’ was released in December as a teaser.
According to Spotify, Archewell Audio will produce programming that “uplifts and entertains audiences around the world and features diverse perspectives and voices”.
DON’T MISS Prince Charles saved Anne’s reputation with well-timed announcement [INSIGHT] Why Prince William will not automatically get Prince of Wales title [EXCLUSIVE] Queen warns ‘no way back’ for Harry and Meghan over ‘nail in coffin’ [WARNING]
MEGHAN AND HARRY TIMELINE (Image: EXPRESS)
The couple will likely be free to do what they want as they told the Queen at the end of last week that they will not be returning to the monarchy.
As a result, they have also returned some of the honorary titles and patronages that they held as working royals.
The Palace has said that the duties will be redistributed among other family members.
In a statement, Buckingham Palace said it was “not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service”.
A spokesperson for the Sussexes assured that they “remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world”, adding that “service is universal”.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's £112m Netflix deal 'could include a documentary on Princess Diana' - but Royal sources warn it could 'fuel tensions between him and William'
- 'I worked with Meghan Markle on top secret project - then I got a letter from the Queen'
- EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's cut-price palace: Pair got a $9.5m mortgage to buy $14.7m Santa Barbara home known as 'The Chateau' with library, arcade and stripper pole from Russian tycoon Sergey Grishin who wanted $34m for it a few years ago
- Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana’s Cartier watch in new photo with Prince Harry
- US election to have big impact on future of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle going into politics 'isn't beyond the realm of possibility' as she is 'American born and has every right to run for President,' celebrity agent who knows the Duchess claims
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry praised for their 'wonderful' speeches about US election
- Why Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Won’t Surrender to Donald Trump
- Prince Philip 'walked away' from Meghan Markle and Harry after 'shock of Megxit'
- Prince Philip is Reportedly Disappointed With Meghan Markle’s Inability to Put Aside Her Career
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry ‘will never mend their broken relationship’ with Kate Middleton & William, author claims
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry issue ‘clear warning’ that they’re ‘done’ with the royal family
- Meghan Markle pitches movie idea to Netflix about Black Lives Matter co-founder
- Meghan Markle’s father Thomas Markle reacts to delay in his daughter’s privacy trial
- There's just no comparison between Meghan Markle and Michelle Obama
- Rift between Prince William and Prince Harry will NEVER be mended unless the brothers happened to split from their wives Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton, royal expert claims
- Health effects of trolling are 'almost unsurvivable', says Meghan Markle
- Donald Trump says he's 'not a fan' of Meghan Markle, wishes Prince Harry luck
Meghan Markle wants to 'elevate voices aren't being heard' as she plugs podcast with Harry have 980 words, post on www.express.co.uk at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.