The three-time Supercars champion has just completed a strong test day at Barber Motorsports Park , finishing 0.161sec behind one of his Team Penske-Chevrolet teammates, Will Power, mere hundredths behind Josef Newgarden, and hundredths ahead of Simon Pagenaud. All three are former champions and former winners at Barber, but McLaughlin – who has just one NTT IndyCar Series start under his belt, namely, the 2020 season finale – insists he's not yet aware of making a great impression. "I'm oblivious to that stuff because I'm my own harshest critic," he told Motorsport.com. "I've got three guys alongside me who I want to beat, and if I'm not beating them, regardless of my lack of experience, I'm not really satisfied. It's just in my competitive nature. "Today I was satisfied to a certain extent, but Will was a tenth or so down the road, and a couple of boys in other Chevys were also ahead. I think I've definitely made gains and I'm enjoying that, really pushing myself, but I know I've got to do better." Being able to return to the 17-turn, 2.38-mile track in Birmingham, AL, where he tested last November, was one of the gratifying parts of the day, said… Read full this story
- Why hybrids can make IndyCar more thrilling in 2023
- Aqara smart lighting update adds support for HomeKit Adaptive Lighting
- Karam beats Rosenqvist in IndyCar’s first Esports race
- Inner Critic vs. Inner Nurturer: Which Will You Strengthen?
- 100 Best Comedy Films of All Time, According to Critics
- COVID-19 spreading at fast pace, next 4 weeks critical: Centre
- Fragrance trade group appeals for manufacturers to remain operational in US amid COVID-19
- Human Resources: Emerging scope and critical business management
- US report says media critical of government in India harassed
- Mocking Pakistan’s Army can be fatal now, critics can face 2 year-jail term, Rs 5 lakh fine
McLaughlin remains harsh critic of his IndyCar adaptation have 323 words, post on www.motorsport.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.