Gasly scored his breakthrough maiden F1 victory at the Italian Grand Prix last year, helping AlphaTauri to the biggest points total in the squad's history. The Frenchman will be joined at the team this year by F2 graduate Tsunoda, who replaces Daniil Kvyat. Although Tsunoda has completed private running in some of the team's older car models to get up to speed, he will get just one-and-a-half days in the new car before his rookie season begins. Speaking upon the launch of the new AlphaTauri AT02 car for 2021, Gasly acknowledged that the arrival of Tsunoda meant he would need to step up as team leader more, but felt prepared to do so. "Of course, Yuki's arrival means I will have more responsibility within the team and I'm ready to take on the role of team leader," Gasly said. "However, he is a very quick driver and he will help us move the team forward. I know Yuki, he is a competitive guy and showed what he can do in F2, that's why he was promoted to F1 after just one year. We will work together to achieve that. "He lacks experience, so it won't always be easy for him,… Read full this story
- Red Bull offers canopy solution as F1 teams meet to explore Halo
- Valtteri Bottas follows Mercedes team orders to give Lewis Hamilton Russian GP win and increase championship lead
- Lewis Hamilton admits Russian GP win 'doesn't feel great' after Mercedes team orders deny Valtteri Bottas victory
- F1: Vettel not very happy about Kimi's pole
- 5 races that cost Vettel the F1 title
- Daniel Ricciardo Ready For 'Fresh Challenge' After Confirming Red Bull Departure
- F1: I'll headbutt someone
- Composed Monaco Grand Prix victory shows why Daniel Ricciardo is in F1's top class
- Red Bull boss warns F1 over 'vanilla-type regulations'
- Hamilton a fan of F1’s next-generation car
Gasly: I’m ready to be AlphaTauri F1 team leader in 2021 have 318 words, post on www.motorsport.com at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.