You can never go wrong with a lightweight motorhome with off-road chops. Motorhomes are dime-a-dozen these days, but that doesn’t stop German startup Darc from entering the market and releasing its own entry. Dubbed the Darc Mono, what can this sinister-looking motorhome offer amid the sea of RV offerings out there? Well, first off, the Darc Mono drew inspiration from both Dakar and Formula 1 in building its adventure machine. How so? Read along but take time to gander at the gallery below to appreciate its brutish beauty outside and finesse inside – at least in official images. Gallery: Darc Mono Carbon Fiber RV 14 Photos Built on a 2021 Iveco Daily 4×4 full-size van chassis, the Darc Mono touts its Dakar off-roading inspiration with custom adaptive suspension developed with KW Automotive, partnered with a set of milled aluminum wheels with 37-in all-terrain tires. Virtually pegged to go anywhere, the Mono also comes with a custom-built tubular-steel bull bar, an 11-ton (10-tonne) winch, and a carbon fiber intake snorkel. The Formula 1 bits, on the other hand, are found on the 161-inch (420-centimeter)-long carbon fiber monocoque. Using Formula 1 technology, according to the release, the monocoque “unprecedented” structural strength, 35 percent… Read full this story
- The Need for Carbon Fiber Could Ground the Flying Car Future
- Mussels Inspire Stronger Graphene
- This jacket’s threads were inspired by spider silk and ‘brewed’ in a factory
- Elon Musk shows off SpaceX's Tintin inspired 'Starship'
- Hard Carbon Nanofiber Aerogel becomes Superelastic
- 10 Cool Campers For Every Budget
- 11 Cool Campers for Every Budget
- I drove a $474,000 Ferrari 812 Superfast to see if the sports car delivers a thrill worth the price — here’s the verdict
- I drove a $474,000 Ferrari 812 Superfast to see if the most powerful Ferrari in the world is worth the price tag — here’s the verdict
- I drove a $168,000 Mercedes-AMG GT C to see if this magnificent 2-seater is worth the price. Here’s the verdict.
Darc Mono Dakar-Inspired Carbon Fiber RV Is Afraid Of Nothing have 310 words, post on www.motor1.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.