Spy photos have shown the BMW i7 electric saloon undergoing extensive testing. The camouflage and cladding have hidden a model that's expected to resemble its petrol-powered sibling, though surprises aren't expected. However, one area BMW could excite is with the i7's output. The company has yet to make anything official – and likely won't until the reveal – though a new Autobild report says the saloon could offer 650 bhp (484 kilowatts).
The 650-bhp figure has been tossed around before, the suggested output for the top-tier offering, though there's been no confirmation from BMW. The Autobild report is just the latest to reiterate a rumour that continues to circulate unabated. The report also notes that the German automaker will offer a 120-kilowatt-hour battery that'll give the saloon a range of 700 kilometres (434 miles). Also in the report is the mention of a less-powerful variant with a smaller 80 kWh battery.
Gallery: BMW i7 Spy Photos
The smaller battery will likely power the rumoured 536-bhp (400 kW) model . However, previous reports noted that this model would receive the same 100-kWh battery as the 650-bhp one. Autobild 's report could be the first indication of yet another variant that might serve as the entry-level model of the trio. The 650-bhp i7 would likely become the most powerful 7 Series variant, bypassing the M760i's 6.6-litre V12's 601 bhp (448 kW).
This is what we know:
While spy photos show that the car has undergone significant development, we'll be waiting for anything official from BMW about it. The automaker isn't expected to reveal the new vehicle until sometime next year, as it'll arrive for the 2023 model year. It'll compete against the Mercedes EQS , which rumours suggest could receive a high-performance AMG version, too, which would help justify a 650-bhp i7 in BMW's stable. The BMW is also likely to receive a bevy of safety features and semi-self-driving technologies.
- BMW X8 Spied Hiding What Seems To Be An Unconventional Design
- 'Money First'? Greta Thunberg Slammed Over 'Cocky' BMW Ad During Her Day as Editor-in-Chief
- Kawasaki Bikes Discounts For October 2020: Versys 650, KX & KLX Receive Benefits Up To Rs 50,000
- 2022 BMW 2 Series Coupe Spied In The Cold Testing In A Lower Trim
- Ars talks about the future of electric powertrains with Audi
- BMW M3 Pickup Used To Tease Electrified M Model For 2021 Reveal?
- Toyota Supra Sport Top SEMA Concept Teased: Watch Its Roof Come Off
- December car sales kick off: Motor dealers to offer an average of 7% off new models to recoup lockdown 2 losses - and motorists can get up to 22% off a popular VW family saloon
- Nip ‘n’ tuck has transformed Lexus RC 300H into a hottie with superb sound system and aggressive styling
- Volkswagen set to miss EU emissions targets: CEO
- Where to eat in Lake County
- The best robot vacuum deals for December: Roomba, Eufy, Deebot, and Roborock
- The best Cyber Monday robot vacuum deals for 2020
- Porsche Cayenne Reach 1 Million Units Production: SUV Achieves New Milestone
- Porsche Panamera 4 10 Years Edition Model Launched In India At Rs 1.60 Crore, Ex-showroom
- Bikes set to boom: Huge increase in moped, scooter and motorbike searches
- More than a MILLION shoppers line up in huge virtual queue to get on Debenhams' website and snap up 70%-off fire sale bargains in the final hours before the 242-year-old chain goes out of business
- Best Cyber Week 2020 deals: Business Bargain Hunter's top picks (Update: Expired)
BMW i7 electric saloon coming with around 650 bhp - report have 592 words, post on uk.motor1.com at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.