The Faenza-based team had an encouraging 2020 campaign, with its highlight being Pierre Gasly’s surprise victory in the Italian Grand Prix. However, it did not perform as well as it had hoped in the constructors’ championship and finished seventh overall – behind the midfield bunch of McLaren, Racing Point, Renault and Ferrari. Tost says that while the team was delighted with the highs of 2020, he believes that key to its chances this year is in ensuring it does not have bad days. “In 2020 Scuderia AlphaTauri was a midfield team, we were fighting successfully against the other teams like McLaren, Renault and Racing Point but our target for this year is to consistently be at the top of this midfield pack and to improve further,” he said as the team launched its new AT02. “To achieve this, we have to avoid reliability issues and finish all races in the points. This can only happen if we do not make any mistakes. So we have to be 100 percent concentrated on our job, race after race, on and off the track, because our competitors are hard to fight.” Read Also: Gasly: I'm ready to be AlphaTauri F1 team leader in… Read full this story
- As the F1 Season Begins, Ferrari Stands Out
- Sebastian Vettel warned about Charles Leclerc ‘headache’ by former Renault F1 driver
- Mercedes to quit F1 in 2021? Toto Wolff provides major Lewis Hamilton update
- F1 news: Nico Rosberg reveals THREE drivers who could stop Lewis Hamilton winning title
- Sky TV deal - New Sky Sports F1 offer cuts your bill ahead of the Formula One season
- Lewis Hamilton: Did you see what Mercedes star did to Charles Leclerc during F1 win?
- Lewis Hamilton sends warning to rivals ahead of F1 title defence
- Australian GP preview: All you need to know ahead of F1 2019 opener
- The 10 tips you need to grow the perfect lawn.
- Guaranteed money at half for 2019 NFL free-agent contracts
AlphaTauri needs error-free 2021 F1 season - Tost have 314 words, post on www.motorsport.com at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.