The Faenza-based team had an encouraging 2020 campaign, with its highlight being Pierre Gasly’s surprise victory in the Italian Grand Prix. However, it did not perform as well as it had hoped in the constructors’ championship and finished seventh overall – behind the midfield bunch of McLaren, Racing Point, Renault and Ferrari. Tost says that while the team was delighted with the highs of 2020, he believes that key to its chances this year is in ensuring it does not have bad days. “In 2020 Scuderia AlphaTauri was a midfield team, we were fighting successfully against the other teams like McLaren, Renault and Racing Point but our target for this year is to consistently be at the top of this midfield pack and to improve further,” he said as the team launched its new AT02. “To achieve this, we have to avoid reliability issues and finish all races in the points. This can only happen if we do not make any mistakes. So we have to be 100 percent concentrated on our job, race after race, on and off the track, because our competitors are hard to fight.” Read Also: Gasly: I’m ready to be AlphaTauri F1 team leader in… Read full this story
- F1 2019: The end of season awards
- NBA in talks to add in-season tournament, re-seed conference Finals, shorten season
- MLB hot stove: With every top free-agent starter signed, where will pitching-needy teams turn?
- Lewis Hamilton central figure in F1 psychodrama
- Ferrari create 'a war' while F1 continues to meddle with the rules
- MLB hot stove: Mets sign free agent Dellin Betances to one-year contract with player option for 2021
- MLB hot stove: With free-agent market picked clean, here's what the reliever trade market looks like
- Bills trade receiver Zay Jones to the Oakland Raiders for a 2021 fifth-round pick
- White Sox strike up Christmas Day deal for free agent Edwin Encarnacion, per reports
- No. 2-ranked LSU opens gymnastics season trying to uphold the program's lofty standards
AlphaTauri needs error-free 2021 F1 season - Tost have 317 words, post on www.motorsport.com at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.