With F1’s pre-season testing schedule the most compact it has ever been, and strict limits on who could join the Abu Dhabi young driver run last year, there has been precious little time for the new combination to get ready for 2021’s challenges.But for a team like McLaren, that is no excuse for any early cautiousness or a grace period for Ricciardo and his crew to get up to speed with each other. It knows that in the harsh world of F1, it has to hit the ground running in Bahrain.That’s why McLaren is embarking on an intensive preparation programme for Ricciardo both at its Woking factory and with some homework that the Australian will have to take away with him. As McLaren racing director Andrea Stella said: “Having a new driver on board is always a very interesting challenge. And the approach is that it has to start from qualifying [at the first race]. Where do we want to be on that Saturday? “Then, you work your way back in terms of what you need to do to make sure that you are as prepared as possible. And it’s a combination of competence and being methodical. Because I’m sure everyone, such as the engineers, will be… Read full this story
- John Cox wants teachers ‘paid like rock stars and baseball players.’ Why they back his opponent.
- Six-day streak of August-like days may end with afternoon thunderstorms
- Last Summer-Like Day Before Florence Remnants Land in New England
- Fall-like day expected for Ohio State football vs. Tulane in Columbus: Weather forecast
- Gritty makes debut like a wrecking ball at Flyers home opener
- Phillies free agent Wilson Ramos wants to play every day, which makes a return seem unlikely
- Attorneys: Christine Blasey Ford doesn't want Kavanaugh impeached, has no regrets
- ‘90 Day Fiancé’ Star Darcey Silva Teases If She and Jesse Meester Are Still Together in Exclusive Interview
- City of Charleston proclaims Red Rice Day in honor of iconic Gullah-Geechee dish
- Should Red Sox want to play Yankees or Athletics in ALDS?
Why McLaren doesn't want Ricciardo debut to be like his first day have 350 words, post on www.motorsport.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.