Joysticks on production would have been fun, don’t you think? Right now, it’s safe to say that steering wheels for production vehicles look normal. With the exception of some like the Chevrolet Corvette C8, most steering wheels of date are either round or have a flat-bottom shape.But did you know that it wasn’t always that way? There were several concept vehicles in the past that feature futuristic designs, so much so that their steering wheels are anything but round. Select Car Leasing hauled the vault of oddity and listed some of the strangest steering wheels that have ever existed in concept form, and here’s a roundup. Honda EV-STER (2011) In the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show, Honda revealed the EV-STER Concept – a two-seater convertible that made use of carbon materials for lighter weight. But instead of a typical steering wheel, the electric sports car concept had joysticks. Designed to fight G-forces when turning a tight corner (probably on track days), it was supposed to keep the driver upright during the maneuver. BMW Z22 (1999) Developed by BMW Technik GmbH, the BMW Z22 was a futuristic concept released by BMW in 1999. It featured tech toys such as head-up display and side… Read full this story
- Ford thought that they could replace The Steering Wheel in 1965
- What’s your steering wheel of choice?
- Through the ages: McLaren F1 steering wheels
- Your Car's Steering Wheel Is Totally Nasty
- Why does your steering wheel shake when braking?
- EV Startup Byton Is Really Doing the Steering Wheel-Mounted Tablet
- Guest post: Cambridge Design Partnership designs Bloodhound Project’s steering wheel
- The GM Car That Has No Steering Wheel or Pedals
- Google unveils self-driving car, sans steering wheel
- Tire store employee reportedly stabbed, robbed, handcuffed to steering wheel of car
Weird Steering Wheels That Never Made It To Reality have 288 words, post on www.motor1.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.