The Japanese manufacturer has released shots of the car, the GR010 Hybrid, in camouflage ahead of its official unveiling on Friday when the car will be shown in its 2021 livery. GR stands for Gazoo Racing, Toyota’s new sporty sub-brand, while the three-digit numbering system of the marque’s Le Mans-spec machinery stretching back to the TS010 3.5-litre Group C car of 1991-1993 has been retained and reset.The photographs from the car’s maiden test at Paul Ricard in October show a car with a clear resemblance to the TS050 Hybrid that claimed the 2018/19 and 2019/20 WEC drivers’ and manufacturers’ titles, as well as three consecutive Le Mans 24 Hours victories in 2018-20. But Toyota Gazoo Racing Europe technical director Pascal Vasselon stressed that few components have been retained from its predecessor. “Except the generic parts like switches, sensors and such, there are hardly any carry-over parts between the two cars because the regulation philosophy is very different,” he said. ”It is a completely new car.” Read Also: Lopez impressed by “complex” Toyota Le Mans Hypercar reliability Toyota drivers say “politics” will determine Alpine battle Vasselon explained that in terms of the concept of the design “the major difference is the architecture of the… Read full this story
- Toyota behoudt voordeel van langere stints voor Le Mans
- Waterstofraceteam TU Delft richt pijlen op Le Mans: “Hopelijk in 2024 aan de start”
- Le Mans '66: Wat gebeurde er daarna?
- DragonSpeed met legendarische Gulf-livery aan de start in Le Mans
- Studententeam InMotion schaft Ginetta aan voor Le Mans-missie
- New Jersey man, 34, SUES upscale male spa he visited with his husband where a masseur 'sexually abused him during a session'
- Marvel Comics' New Iron Man Is a Black Woman Named Riri Williams
- New Jersey man acquitted of homicide charged in new slaying
- 2000 BMW X5 Le Mans: Concept We Forgot
- Ford V Ferrari At Le Mans: What Happened Next?
Toyota reveals first pictures of new Le Mans hypercar have 319 words, post on www.motorsport.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.