As part of the “Best of Ford, Best of China” strategy, Ford will start manufacturing the Mustang Mach-E locally in China. The local production of the Mach-E will be managed by Changan Ford and the American carmaker has taken the step to offer industry-leading smart vehicles and advanced technologies in the Chinese market. The company has also said that the Chinese production will be only for customers in China as of now. Ford has been garnering positive customer feedback for its first-ever electric Mustang.
The Ford Mustang Mach-E gets a 15.5 inch touchscreen system with the latest generation of SYNC connectivity
Going forward, Ford is targeting an annual production of 50,000 units in the first year on the market, however, so far it has produced less than 10,000 units of the Mustang Mach-E. The production numbers should go up significantly soon, once the production in China begins. The all-new electric crossover will be sold exclusively in the GT trim in China while the powertrain selection will be identical with the North American and European models. That said, the China-spec Ford Mustang Mach-E will look slightly different form the European model. Ford hasn’t confirmed the timeline of production and when the first deliveries to Chinese customers will happen, but we’re expecting the company to start with the local production in China in summer this year.
The Ford Mustang Mach-E is offered with the options of two types of battery packs.
The Ford Mustang Mach-E is offered with two types of battery packs. The standard will be a 75.7 kWh lithium-ion battery and the extended range battery will be a 98.9 kWh lithium-ion unit. The battery is located on the floor between the axles and has been tested at temperatures as extreme as minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit. They are secured inside a waterproof battery case surrounded by crash-absorption protection and are liquid-cooled to optimize performance in extreme weather along with improving the charge time. The extended range battery and rear-wheel drive configuration in the Mach-E is expected to give a range of 483 kms while in the four-wheel drive is also expected to be on offer at the time of launch.
- Ford teases Mustang-inspired electric crossover
- Ford celebrates 10 millionth Mustang while banking on car's draw
- Mini’s future in Oxford plant ‘under scrutiny’ as new platforms could be made in China
- Electric carmakers step up pursuit of enhanced EV batteries
- China's arsenal in US tariff row shrinks but it has other weapons
- James Bond Aston Martin tops movie car chart
- The era of electrification
- Review: The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is a big, brash, intoxicating supercar worth the $90,000
- Business Breakfast LIVE: House of Fraser rescue deal boost as it settles challenge from landlords
- Businesses cutting land-filling by recycling thousands of wooden pallets into the community
- Teslas Go Drag Racing and Smoke the Combustion Faithful
- The great switchover gathers pace as more electric models make Paris debut
- Oil Markets: Everything Is About Weak Demand
- The modern American farmer
- Volkswagen showcases T-Cross practicality in new video
- Front airbags; e-tron's energy; Cannonball
- Guidance on disabling the front passenger-seat airbag in a car
- Farm export forecast: Still cloudy
Ford To Start Production Of The Mustang Mach-E EV In China have 545 words, post on www.carandbike.com at January 30, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.